Lambert......the plan.....the future

Hairyhands

Again I wish to state my gratitude to HH for his insight into what's happening with our club and please continue to post what you can HH.

However I'm sure there are those who are questioning the timing of this post. The beginning of discontent on the terraces coupled with pro Lambert fans beginning to turn due to consistently poor performances on the pitch and what better way to nullify that by leaking the content of the said post onto a public forum which in the past has had a direct line to the club.

I am not questioning the validity of HH being someone who is obviously close to staff at the club but just stating that cynics might say what a glorious opportunity to nullify increasing discontent within the fan base by releasing such information to buy Lerner more time to recoup most of his investment while Lambert is given yet more patience by the fans to turn us around without further unrest?

That would be a cynic's view.

Spot on.  Let's unlock the General Krulak thread and rename it.

• Like 2

The difference is in those days everyone was pretty much bowing down to the general "Sir can I please have two free tickets to the Villa....SORTED." Apart from after MON walked and he abruptly left the fan sites.

It's fair to say HH is being more severely questioned and is coming up with some constructive reasons why things are so bad currently.

All you got from the general is "Don't worry.....we WILL get there" which translated as just chucking as much money as possible and hoping we nicked a champions league spot without any sort of fallback plan until it was too late.

Again I wish to state my gratitude to HH for his insight into what's happening with our club and please continue to post what you can HH.

However I'm sure there are those who are questioning the timing of this post. The beginning of discontent on the terraces coupled with pro Lambert fans beginning to turn due to consistently poor performances on the pitch and what better way to nullify that by leaking the content of the said post onto a public forum which in the past has had a direct line to the club.

I am not questioning the validity of HH being someone who is obviously close to staff at the club but just stating that cynics might say what a glorious opportunity to nullify increasing discontent within the fan base by releasing such information to buy Lerner more time to recoup most of his investment while Lambert is given yet more patience by the fans to turn us around without further unrest?

It's about time.

Nicky Keye has stopped returning my calls about the balti pie temperature.

• Like 3

I find the timing of the topic quite suspicious too to be honest, smacks of club PR but as I said earlier i'll believe it when I see it.

fair point so let's just examine it for a minute.

If this is club PR then I don't remember them doing it for houllier or Mcleish , and the fan concerns were equally vocal. So why didn't they do it at that time ? I'd imagine because they never believed in those two as much as they believe in Paul . I'd further guess that they feel he deserves to be believed in.

He's done his side of the deal pretty much, it's time now they showed how much they believed in him in deeds not words and stuck to their side.

I believe that they will by the way and support what I consider to be the begs hope this club has for a bright future and the man who ( in terms of the long term building and benefit he will bring to this club) is in my opinion the best manager we will have appointed in thirty years. Still stick to that despite the fact there e posters more interested in taking the p because of my opinion because quite frankly I couldn't give a monkeys cuss what they think

• Like 3

I was about to post the same thing.  Something reminded me of the General.  I think it was probably this:

Thanks for sharing HH. I've got a couple of questions.

1) has Lambert been given any news on if wages will increase much. The books are now balanced so for example when Ireland is officially gone will Lambert being able to use the money we were paying Ireland on new players?

2) whats gone on in terms of how we finished last season and now? Is it the managers choice to try and play less football or is Lambert himself unsure why this group of players now look unable to do the simple things on the pitch?

Point one. He always hoped the summer. But it looks as though it could happen with a loan signing this summer. Certainly, the manager wants experience and that tends to cost a bit more. As for Ireland's wages of 80k, I don't think so. Certainly not for just one player.

Point two. Players drained of confidence. Not playing well. Manager wants to play football and he will when he has the right players in and confidence of younger players higher.

I don't doubt that HH is a very nice bloke and is somebody obviously very well informed.  I really appreciate his posts but the sycophantic nature of it all makes me conclude that yes, we appreciate his input and yes, we appreciate his inside knowledge, but please don't forget that there's an awful lot that we don't know (bad and good). 

• Like 1

Spot on. Let's unlock the General Krulak thread and rename it.

Why do people automatically think if this is cynical it's on the clubs behalf? If anything it's very Lambert serving rather than avfc serving. Nothing wrong with that either. I doubt randy or PF are sitting there making suggestions for posts. Ive never gotten the feeling from hh that it's anyone tied to the villa camp, rather part of the Lambert team

Thanks HH, a great insight and sounds logical and plausible. The majority of fans want Lambert to succeed, hence the fantastic home and away support the team and he has had until recently.

We really do need that lift to give us hope that this is a mid season blip and that the future is going to be brighter. I long for another VT meltdown, been such a long time since the last one.

If things pan out the way you have suggested that Lambert wants then I think the majority of us will be very pleased, just hope it starts in early January.

Please keep posting !

All sounds like club spin to me, fans are twitching so something appears on a message board about exciting signings.

I just got off the phone to Meg and she told me on Feb 1st there will be another post telling us how hard the club worked to get these signings but it didn't work out. Instead we get an up and coming 27yr old league 1 attacking mid but us one for the future ;)

All sounds like club spin to me, fans are twitching so something appears on a message board about exciting signings.

I just got off the phone to Meg and she told me on Feb 1st there will be another post telling us how hard the club worked to get these signings but it didn't work out. Instead we get an up and coming 27yr old league 1 attacking mid but us one for the future ;)

Or it could be that the chairman can't/won't find his wallet.

Someone to give the place a lift. This would be a loan. I know he’s already asked the owner to try and make it happen. It might just happen.

Dawkins second loan spell ????

tumblr_mjwe3hPvcE1s6bzyfo1_500.gif

Edited by myko
  • Like 3

Nothing I can see there about exciting signings. What I do see is a guy saying there's **** all money and trying to take pressure off the manager by putting it onto the owner

I understand people more interested in the team getting better right now but can I ask what you think of the points I've made for where the club were when he took over and the things that had to be done?

I'm only 2 pages into this thead so I've not seen anything past this post you made.

The points you made have eased my mind. I'm still not a Randy Lerner fan and would be loving it if he sold up, however Paul Lambert although I find some of the signings and tactics a bit weird I like the bloke and would love nothing more an him to succeed in this project.

Thanks for the orginal post it's cleared up a lot of stuff that was bugging me :)

I understand people more interested in the team getting better right now but can I ask what you think of the points I've made for where the club were when he took over and the things that had to be done?

If we had picked up more points at home especially Palace I doubt there would be as much animosity but add that result to the other performances it's wore a lot of people down. Regarding your points it's exactly what I thought would happen but after the way we ended and started this season I thought we'd be playing a lot better stuff now. Hopefully Lambert gets who he wants early on so we can get a bit of hope down VP. I don't want to change managers as we need stability but we need progress to go alongside it and we've slipped quite a bit recently. Great post though. UTV