Lambert......the plan.....the future

Hairyhands

You have to hand it to them.

They know exactly how to play sections of the support to take the mind off other, perhaps more important matters.

I wonder how long it'll be until that Incognito fella returns on Twitter.....

I know what you mean, but I would rather have some insight than nothing. Also allowing the fans to fester doesn't help anything. Lets face it, if PL doesn't manage to sign these key players and the situation doesn't turn round the fans will come down on him like a ton of bricks,

• Like 2

They know exactly how to play sections of the support to take the mind off other, perhaps more important matters.

I know what you mean, but I would rather have some insight than nothing. Also allowing the fans to fester doesn't help anything. Lets face it, if PL doesn't manage to sign these key players and the situation doesn't turn round the fans will come down on him like a ton of bricks,

Exactly - and the majority of the anger will be directed towards the board I expect if these things don't happen.

Its just hard when the football is woeful and we’re leaking goals and no improvement is there.

Its easier to kick off than think about it i suppose.

It was never going to happen overnight, there have been times when we’ve played really well and times when not, more not..

I assume when building something from scratch its not always rosey and is shit more than not, hopefully the plan being it begins to level out and then there are more good performances than bad.

I think a lot of people would be honest in overreacting because of the fear of being relegated, natural i suppose.

We looked more solid at the start, Vlaar was starting to look decent and overall we were better defensively. We didn't score as much, i imagine thats a bit of Benteke being injured and us being more defensive minded.

No point getting rid now, lets see how the season ends.

People like to laud over Southampton and Swansea but how long have they been ‘building’? Years to get to where they are now, the way some Villa fans act they would never have been allowed to get to their current position.

**** it, nothing we can do anyway.

I suppose they could do nothing but change the colours of Aston Villa and be a laughing stock in the media?

Even if that is the case I doubt they'd send him here to lie, they'd be taking too big a risk. It doesn't make good business sense. I'd rather be talking about this than again going over just how shit we are right now, what good is that doing us? It's just the same old crew tossing thinly veiled insults back and forth. Not for me thanks.

You've confessed yourself you don't go the game, so tell me, what are your musings on this message board achieving exactly?

How about let people speculate and enjoy themselves for a change. God knows we deserve it.

Do posts have to achieve anything?  If so, what, and why are they easier to achieve if you do go to the game?

As for the awful football question......I clearly can't answer that! Still the same things in training as went on last year. I'd just suggest we've had too many key players missing at various stages and some of the plans haven't worked out as well. For example, if Tonev was on top form then you'd be included to develop a system which gets him in the best positions and on the ball as often as possible. But no-one has really stood up and been counted this season.

I agree with this, players are too quick to get rid of the ball and are not giving 100% (I think confidence has gone, perhaps this stops them giving it all), it shows.

This is where two or three players to take the game by the scruff of the neck is key.

Agree with you here but, having a lack of confidence should not stop a player giving his all.  This is where some members of the team need to share the responsibility of our failings.  The second a player takes a salary he is being paid to do a job.  He should therefore be somewhat robotic in his nature.  I'd be very quickly disciplined if I stopped putting in the effort at work.

As for the awful football, aside from the lack of individual quality, other teams have figured us out.  All teams have been quick to close us down this season, particularly in our own half and that pressure has resulted in us 1) going back to Guzan to be hoofed up and lost or 2) directly making a pressure pass forward of which only ~ 50% go where intended (or if in the case of Nathan Baker, ~ 5%).

Edited by VillaIRE
  • Like 1

I suppose they could do nothing but change the colours of Aston Villa and be a laughing stock in the media?

The media? - the ones that surprisingly give PL a easy ride? the ones that don't always get all of the info they would like from RL? next you will be telling me that certain media members post on forums like VT next ..........................

Edited by drat01

The media? - the ones that surprisingly give PL a easy ride? the ones that don't always get all of the info they would like from RL? next you will be telling me that certain media members post on forums like VT next ..........................

Im a member of the media and I post on VT

• Like 1

Im a member of the media and I post on VT
I'm an actor of sorts. Does that count?
  • Like 1