Lambert......the plan.....the future

Hairyhands

If we are finally accepting that experience is necessary (and potentially costly) then that's great news.

Hmmm - not so sure:-

PL: hey randy you remember that young and hungry plan that was going to save you billions

RL: Yes Paul ?

PL: It ain't working Randy - I need £20m for some experienced players....pronto.....

RL: OK Paul......remind me why I hired you and not the other guys who wanted big budgets.....?

Perhaps the owner, an intelligent man despite many not believing so, has been "persuaded" that the remit was the incorrect one. Maybe he's finally cottoned on to the fact that balance is necessary.

Maybe they both have simultaneously.

Randy seems reasonably forgiving of his managers if nothing else (O'Neill got away with murder for a long time did he not?).

Lets hope so. Of course there is a lot of middle ground between sylla @ £1m & Bent @ £18m. I do think Lambert will be dissapointed with the players he purchased this summer - just none of them looked to have worked out.

The owner hasn't got a clue-The only thing he's learnt is you can't buy success on the cheap like he tried to. All he's bothered about now is making sure that AVFC cost him the least amount of money possible-He doesn't care about the club or have any ambition for it.

I don't hold out any hope of him releasing funds to allow the wages to go up.

What happens to all the lads on £5-15k if we start signing players on higher wages?

What happens when Delph & Gabbys contracts are up for renewal?

HairyHands, I appreciate your honest comments, but they still don't cover Lambert's failing. 

We know he is working on a small budget, because it was made fairly clear when he came in. What I want to know is what responsibility he is taking in the performance of the team. 

He has purchased these players, and cannot get them to look anything like a team. I posted a longish post in the after game comments yesterday on where I see the teams failing, but all you want to do his defend the performances because we don't have much money. I have seen teams from lower divisions be more prepared for games against Premiership teams than we all season.

You can say they are one off cup games, but in the end those teams are prepared and we just aren't. They might as well remove those words from our badge. This falls back to Lambert and his coaching team that you may well be a part of. 73% of the ball we gave Swansea, and all he could say was they only had the same shots on target as we had. True, but Swansea don't have the forward lines that many of the other teams around us have. They had way more shots than us, but they have poor goalscorers. Let's set what happens when we get up against Arsenal andLiverpool. I'm even worried about Fletcher, because of his potential as a goal scorer.

I am willing to give him more time as long as he can show that he is improving the team, and not dragging all our players to Sunday league level.

• Like 4

£5-7m buys you so much more than £1-2m 90% of the time. Same goes for £30-40k a week versus £10-15k a week.

As pissed off as I am with the way we're organised on the pitch, you don't have to think hard to realise we'd be so much better off shopping in that middle bracket again.

• Like 2

For the fun of it let's go along with this plan idéa.

The plan was it set by Lerner,/ Lambert or / Lerner & Lambert together?

I'd also like to know if the original plan set when Lambert signed still stands or if not how many times and why it has been revised.

Was it revised when some of the bombsquad didn't get rid of, when we found out Benteke to be a huge asset, when the new tv-deal was signed, when some of the young & hungry turned out to be below par, last december when we imploded or this december when we once again struggle badly.

I relegation a calculated risk?

Let's try again...

Any thoughts about any of this HH?

£5-7m buys you so much more than £1-2m 90% of the time. Same goes for £30-40k a week versus £10-15k a week.

As pissed off as I am with the way we're organised on the pitch, you don't have to think hard to realise we'd be so much better off shopping in that middle bracket again.

Yes - and 74,000 have turned out to watch a very poor villa side against poor opposition in the past week - that shouldn't be beyond us....

• Like 2

I understand people more interested in the team getting better right now but can I ask what you think of the points I've made for where the club were when he took over and the things that had to be done?

Cheers HH it's good to hear from people such as yourself. You have elaborated on what we kind of already had an idea on, I mean, it was clear the moment Lambert started that things needed to change in terms of the players we had on our books earning huge amounts. The fact that most of them have left for very little money, or indeed for free, signifies that actually, we just needed to clear the wages down. Fine. That's done now hopefully. (although I'm not sure what will happen with Bent as he isn't close to finishing his contract is he??) I liked the idea of bringing in young talent from abroad, it was refreshing and some what exciting. I was even more excited about the signing of Tonev than I was N'Zogbia, for example. But we have suffered big time as a result, which isn't great for the people who pay the money to go see them play?

So, overall I am happy that we have brought in players to spread out across various positions within the team - depth- but we desperately need some proven quality. I just hope, for the fans sake mainly, that this is allowed to happen sooner rather than later...

You say "where the club was when he took over" like he's actually improved us. We've gone backwards if anything but as long as you keep saying its a rebuilding job and "5 year plan" then its all ok.

I'm supposed to feel better because we'll get some budget AM that will probably be the managers 3rd or 4th choice?

He clearly meant financially.

Edited by StefanAVFC

He’d make one or two around him better because of the way he plays and what he brings to the team. That wouldn’t be a loan deal but a proper signing. Wages wouldn’t be huge either. What else would he like? A signing that gives the fans a lift. This would be a loan. Someone who the fans would know already and would like. A bigger name as such. Someone to give the place a lift. This would be a loan. I know he’s already asked the owner to try and make it happen. It might just happen.

I think the permanent signing could well be Anthony Pilkington.  Would give us some width, scored 14 in 66 for Norwich, is 25 but experienced in the top flight and can play AM too.  

No idea on the loan signing though. Any thoughts?

Milner...

:detect:

Just don't...

• Like 1

A signing that gives the fans a lift. This would be a loan. Someone who the fans would know already and would like.

Are my prayers about to be answered???

Bankoboev.Ru_futbol_ronaldinho.jpg

I'd advise you have those 8 pints like your username is before a game then the signing might start looking like him :D

• Like 2

Increase wages only as resell value of team increases. This pegs ambition in line with our current ability.

That's a common sense strategy all clubs should follow. I'm glad and proud we are doing that.

BTW as for that new guy, Bannan is already in the league ... but I suppose he would qualify as a superstar signing.

• Like 4