Lambert......the plan.....the future

Hairyhands

Well atleast the pr machine is good at villa, something has to be doesn't it? Latest article about visions and projects, difficult quotes to read aswell as usual pretty much all of it has already been said.

Not one jot of it reads like it's from Villa's spin machine. Lambert's yes, but definitely not Villa's

Our main problem is our squad is almost universally shite. It's not any one area of the team, almost none of it is upto task in defence, midfield or attack.

Out of our 25 man squad, 20 of them are complete and utter shite

• Like 1

Lot of bitching in this thread, which kinda gets away from the point.

- Yes, we are aware there is a 5 year plan.

- Yes, we understand that Lambert needs more time to bring the plan to fruition.

- Yes, we know that we no longer need to shift people nor fill holes and can focus on a couple of "quality", experienced players.

I think the fans have been pretty accommodating to all this. What is getting us riled up is the performances. We expect to see improvements in how we play our football, not necessarily in our results. That would give us some confidence that Lambert can deliver on the 5 year plan.

But we are not. As mentioned, our performances are dreadful - I'd call it the worst in the league.

At this point, adding the 2 quality players we are planning for wont make any difference. They will have as much impact as our "saviours" of previous seasons (see N'Zogbia, Ireland for reference) since they will slot into a side that simply cannot do the basics of movement, ball retention and shape.

• Like 2

Our main problem is our squad is almost universally shite. It's not any one area of the team, almost none of it is upto task in defence, midfield or attack.

Out of our 25 man squad, 20 of them are complete and utter shite

Guzan, Vlaar, Clark, Delph and Benteke?? As Helenius and Okore are part of our 25 man squad would say 18 of the 25 are either utter shite or just seriously out-of-form, but for how long can you consider a player to be out-of-form before they are considered shite?

thought for the day

If people believe that HH is a true ITK, and therefore a conduit to decent inside information, why do one or two think it is clever to guess who it is and 'out' him/her?

If HH is comfortable sharing some insight from behind a veil of anonymity, is it not better to respect his/her wishes?

I would have assumed that Hairyhands would have shaved those hands to maintain anonymity.

HH, you asked for feedback on the playing style and if there is an improvement that can be seen over the last two seasons.

I've not made as many games as I would have liked this season (I am a season ticket holder) but for the Crystal Palace game bought my Dad and Brother in law down. One comment my brother in law made sums it up, the food in the holte suite before the game was nice, but it was like watching Doncaster Rovers play on the pitch - terrible, championship football.

As a result, for the first time in my life, I avoided going to a villa game - the Swansea game - as I cannot tell you how much it hurts to see Villa play like we are. Whilst we are not shipping as many goals as we did last season, the football feels like we've gone back to McLeish days with no creativity in midfield and the strategy of not wanting to loose a game. Where as PL, I thought, had the strategy of winning games by scoring more that the opposition e.g. If they score one, we score two.

I even had two spare tickets for the man utd game and couldn't give them away for free to a Villa fan as most knew the outcome and the type of football we'd play.

Whilst I realise that getting the club wages down was the priority, and I truly don't think PL knew what he was getting into with the squad in inherited, I still feel deflated about our performance. Unfortunately, this is the fourth season we have performed like this and it hurts. And I just don't get the feeling that either PL or the players (with exception of Gabby) understand the hurt we feel as fans after 3 and a bit seasons of poor football. It gets to you like you would not believe!

Your post made me feel better and certainly explained the recent transfer strategy - and i can see now why some new players have and havent worked. it is a high risk transfer strategy PL is deploying going for the lower end of the market. I do feel that Learner needs to back PL with two or more quality signings, but I am worried that PL will hung out to dry as Lerner wants to avoid relegation by spending the smallest amount. If he wants to sell the club, why risk spending a huge amount when you can spend a small amount and limit the financial risk but hopefully still stay in the premiership?

I do want PL to do well as I don't think there's another manager out there who'd do a better job. I will still buy my season tickets to support him, but whether I turn up for the games is going to be dependent on the football, and at the moment, I have better things to do with my time.

Edited by Silafou's_besi_mate
  • Like 3

Well atleast the pr machine is good at villa, something has to be doesn't it? Latest article about visions and projects, difficult quotes to read aswell as usual pretty much all of it has already been said.

Not one jot of it reads like it's from Villa's spin machine. Lambert's yes, but definitely not Villa's

Whilst I personally don't think that HH is all about Villa PR spin, I can certainly understand why some would feel that he is. General Krulak and Randy Lerner have caused a lot of mistrust in us Villa fans.

I have a couple of questions for you, Hairyhands.

Firstly, you say that Lambo wants a creative midfielder as his priority signing in January. Does that mean that Tonev is no longer seen as the player Lambert thought he would be? I'm pretty sure you previously said that Tonev was bought in to fill that role, or something along those lines.

Secondly, in another thread you said that Lambert would like another defender bringing in. Is this as cover for Clark and Baker? Or, would it be to go straight into the first eleven?

Just say we bring in a loanee, who is considered to be a 'quality' player.

Will it really make that much difference to our team as it stands now.

Just think about it for a sec.

We are so devoid of quality right through the team that a loan signing will struggle to have the impact we would expect him to.

Its obviously not going to be a top,top player, so its going to be someone who cant get into his own team regularly.

Actually, you could put Messi in our team, and he'd still be surrounded with shite like Luna, KEA, Tonev, Baker etc.

We need 3 or 4 quality, experienced players to really make a difference.

Lambert has had time and money to ensure we had SOME experience in the team, but has decided he doesn't need that.

Now he really does have to start from scratch again. He's left himself a massive job to do catch up with Hull, Southampton, Swansea and the like !

God, how depressing is that?     

Not sure Lambert did have the chance to bring in quality Andy, as he had to bring in a lot of players to improve the size of our squad on low wages. If he had opted for quality he would've been able to get one, MAYBE two, 'experienced' players - leaving us too threadbare. And this probably wasn't an option Lerner would have sanctioned even if Lambert had opted for it.

This guy has really hairy hands and just posted a blog on Villa :)

http://www.richardajkeys.com/richards-blog/entry/villa

What an awful, awful website for a 'professional'

Looking at the bottom of the page, the site was designed by Great Online Reputation. No wonder it looks so bad. The design company's site burns my eyes. How do these people work in this field?

Yes he had to bring a lot of players Myko, but thats because as a club, we pretty much culled our exisitng (experienced) playing base.

I'm not saying that we should not have got rid of all of those players, but there should have been scope to bring in someone who knows the game, to move the team forward.

I am talking about mainly about Barry, who would have been magnificent for us, I'm sure.

If he'd bought in Barry instead of Tonev and Helenius, I am sure the numbers would not have been that far away from balancing.

Right now, the club needs a Barry far,far more than it needs a Tonev and/or Helenius.

• Like 1

Collins was on £50,000pw and had the movement of a traction engine. Vlaar is a much more composed and reliable defender. Plus, he has much better ball control and can certainly pass.

Bent was easily on £60,000-65,000pw (some have speculated £80,000pw). Either way, he soon proved bad value with his lacklustre performances, attitude and lack of goals. His last league goal was against West Brom in October last year.

Both Kozak and Benteke have scored more goals than Bent has at Fulham, despite the latter's horrendous spell of form.

Bent offers nothing to a team when he's not scoring. Club is better off without him.

• Like 1

I think people like Collins were seen as a bad influence upon the young kids. One suspects that is why Hutton can’t get a game.

I keep hearing this but what exactly is so bad about Hutton's attitude or influence?

Imo i think lambert should get 2of these in on loan Fabio or raphael from manure. Lescott or rodwell from citeh. Stephen taylor newcadtle. I think lambert should bring hutton back for a try cant be worse than the other fullbacks. I also put abid in for dembele or sygarsen from spuds.