The R word

villanwesty88

Just need Sunderland and Norwich to lose this weekend and that will be a huge boost to our survival chances.

Norwich would need 4 points from Man Utd (a), Chelsea (a) and Arsenal (h).

Sunderland would need 9 points from Cardiff (h), Man Utd (a), West Brom (h), Swansea (h).

Cardiff need 6 points from Sunderland (a), Newcastle (a) and Chelsea (h).

Fulham need 6 points from Hull (h), Stoke (a), Palace (h).

That's if we don't pick up any more points. I can see us getting at least one more draw.

I think we're safe. Cardiff or Fulham would have to win 2 of their last 3 to go above us even if we didn't get any more points.

Plus Norwich could easily end up with no points from their last 4

I agree 1 point should see us safe. Cardiff have Newcastle as one of their games and I reckon even we would beat the Geordies at this point. Either Cardiff or Fulham will get out but not both.

However, Norwich will be lucky to get another couple of points. Man Utd looks their best chance of picking something up but even a win won't get them past us.

Almost impossible to see Norwich picking enough points up to pass us how, so it's really down to whether or not Fulham and Cardiff can both win two of their last three. One of them probably will but both would be a huge surprise

I agree 1 point should see us safe.

Yup, one more point and both Cardiff and Fulham have to go unbeaten for the rest of the season, winning 2 and drawing one at least

Edited by P3te

The disadvantages we have are obvious - nobody who looks like scoring a goal between now and the end of the season. 

However, it would be remiss not to mention that we do have two major advantages - a goal difference that's basically an extra half point, and the number of teams below us. For us to go down, we'd have to see really good run-ins from Albion, Norwich, Cardiff and Fulham at this point. I've been fearing for us all week, because I felt sure Cardiff and/or Fulham would win today, but that hasn't happened. 

We'll probably be safe thanks to a desperate 0-0 draw at home to Hull. But unless there's major changes to this club over the summer, we'll start next season as favourites for the drop. It's a loooooooooooong time until Benteke returns. 

• Like 1

I agree with the 1 point claims, that should see us safe...

Sad to be talking this way when only a few weeks ago we were aiming for a top 10 finish. Dire

The disadvantages we have are obvious - nobody who looks like scoring a goal between now and the end of the season. 

However, it would be remiss not to mention that we do have two major advantages - a goal difference that's basically an extra half point, and the number of teams below us. For us to go down, we'd have to see really good run-ins from Albion, Norwich, Cardiff and Fulham at this point. I've been fearing for us all week, because I felt sure Cardiff and/or Fulham would win today, but that hasn't happened. 

We'll probably be safe thanks to a desperate 0-0 draw at home to Hull. But unless there's major changes to this club over the summer, we'll start next season as favourites for the drop. It's a loooooooooooong time until Benteke returns. 

A 0-0 next week and the following week would be beautiful. 3 clean sheets in a row. Imagine.

**** hell. We are back in it now after that shit performance from Chelsea.

Sunderland have 3 home games left so would imagine they will pick up some points from those. They've just taken 4 from City and Chelsea away.

We need a couple of draws at least. So depressing.