The R word

villanwesty88

Yeah these last few games are going to be nerve racking, hopefully one victory will see us safe although I would like a couple of victories for total peace of mind. Hopefully the lads can pull one out of the bag this weekend, they certainly owe us after the last few seasons. It will be between Us, Norwich and WBA for the final relegation spot, I have Sunderland and Cardiff as the other two places. At the moment, my hopes rest with Norwich and Albion not picking up another point. My head tells me that is unlikely though and we will see some unexpected results in the coming weeks, so we need to get some positive results sooner rather than later. This weekend, is as good a time as any to start. Then we need to beat Hull who will hopefully be thinking of Wembey.

• Like 1

Swansea, Cardiff, west brom and Fulham are still in it. I can't see Norwich losing all the last games. Football is predictably unpredictable

I've saw a few people on here saying surely Norwich can't lose all there remaining games, yet believe that we somehow can.

I believe we will do enough.

That was a general observation Dakid007, not aimed at yourself.

We just have to win one of Soton, Swansea or Hull. It's absolutely doable. We can lose four and win one, and we're perfectly safe. Two draws might also do the trick just fine, it's going to be OK I'm sure.

Sure we are crap, but in average we will get points from these three games. Man City drew Sunderland and Everton lost at home to Palace, accidents do happen even for the better teams. In our run-in I predict 1-1-3, which will being us to 38 points and safety for sure. We might win zero games, but then again we might win two or three. The truth probably lies somewhere in between

We just have to win one of Soton, Swansea or Hull. It's absolutely doable. We can lose four and win one, and we're perfectly safe. Two draws might also do the trick just fine, it's going to be OK I'm sure.

Sure we are crap, but in average we will get points from these three games. Man City drew Sunderland and Everton lost at home to Palace, accidents do happen even for the better teams. In our run-in I predict 1-1-3, which will being us to 38 points and safety for sure. We might win zero games, but then again we might win two or three. The truth probably lies somewhere in between

14 points from 14 games this calender year, surely 3 more in 5 is indeed possibled

Are you smoking crack, Fulham have won the last 2, if they do that again they’ll be above us, same as Cardiff basically.

I appreciate some of these teams play each other, but also you’ll have results like Sunderland did against City.

We cannot buy a point at the moment never mind 3, we’re bloody useless just at the worse time.

I just hope all this stuff with the none playing staff does have a magical positive impact!

Sure we are crap, but in average we will get points from these three games. Man City drew Sunderland and Everton lost at home to Palace, accidents do happen even for the better ? teams. In our run-in I predict 1-1-3, which will being us to 38 points and safety for sure. We might win zero games, but then again we might win two or three. The truth probably lies somewhere in between

14 points from 14 games this calender year, surely 3 more in 5 is indeed possibled

Depends where you start counting. Why start this calendar year?

15 points from the last 20 games.

3 points from the last 5 games.

It's very much in the balance on those stats.

Fortunately, I don't think we'll even need 3 points. A couple of draws should do it. I just don't want to wait until the last couple of games to get them.

Edited by briny_ear

Just like good form, bad form never stays forever. When we expect the worst, something good comes out of nothing. It happens with every team and it will happen to us as well. We don't have to play City, Liverpool or Arsenal in our next games, it's Soton, Swansea and Hull. People mention Fulham like they are the next Real Madrid, they of course aren't going to continue this "streak" - why? Because they are a very poor team, and very poor teams win a few then lose the next even on form. Hull has one loss less than us the last five games, we will likely get a point from them or three. They have 3-2-11 away from home, Swansea have 5-5-7 at home and Soton have 6-4-7 away.

The next three teams can beat us on any day, but chances are one or two are going to have off-days and on that day we will be on. It's football, it's statistics, every team grabs points every now and then. It's not like we have a team full of League 1-players, some of them are actually able to put on a good display.

From December 8th to December 26th we lost four on the trot against Fulham, Man Utd, Stoke and Palace. See a pattern there? The exact same teams we lost to on the bounce now, but then we got on to draw Swansea and beat Sunderland the next two games. Something like that will probably happen now. We beat Southampton away, we drew Hull away and obviously drew Swansea at home. Points will come, we are not Derby or Watford.

If Cardiff win their appeal we are in massive trouble

That will never happen - pathetic attempt from Cardiff to get something out of nothing.

It's not like they have bribed an official, some guy has texted the team to another guy. It's not like it had a massive influence on the game, a manager gets to know the other team an hour before kick-off and can easily adapt his team before they go out. As far as I know, you can even change personnel because of "injuries" right before the game starts, to again, what advantage was given to Crystal Palace.

• Like 1

Just like good form, bad form never stays forever. When we expect the worst, something good comes out of nothing. It happens with every team and it will happen to us as well. We don't have to play City, Liverpool or Arsenal in our next games, it's Soton, Swansea and Hull. People mention Fulham like they are the next Real Madrid, they of course aren't going to continue this "streak" - why? Because they are a very poor team, and very poor teams win a few then lose the next even on form. Hull has one loss less than us the last five games, we will likely get a point from them or three. They have 3-2-11 away from home, Swansea have 5-5-7 at home and Soton have 6-4-7 away.

The next three teams can beat us on any day, but chances are one or two are going to have off-days and on that day we will be on. It's football, it's statistics, every team grabs points every now and then. It's not like we have a team full of League 1-players, some of them are actually able to put on a good display.

From December 8th to December 26th we lost four on the trot against Fulham, Man Utd, Stoke and Palace. See a pattern there? The exact same teams we lost to on the bounce now, but then we got on to draw Swansea and beat Sunderland the next two games. Something like that will probably happen now. We beat Southampton away, we drew Hull away and obviously drew Swansea at home. Points will come, we are not Derby or Watford.

I still think your smoking crack ;). It happens to every team? Yeah but there always have to be 3 worse ones that it happens less too.

If the PL overturn the result and award Cardiff 3 points that would set a dangerous precedent if it led to another club getting relegated.

Saying that, maybe something similar has happened with us and we are also looking at taking action against another club.

We also picked up 8 points from the return fixtures of the games we have left. Not saying we'll do that again but this team has a knack of pulling a result out of the bag when we absolutely need one.

If we actually pull a win out of our arse on Saturday then its done, we can bask in safety and laugh that we were so worried. Obv heads will roll in the summer but nothing else matters atm other that securing safety before those awful last two games.

I don't know if i'm just overly pessimistic but I really do feel that we're going to drop this season. Our strikers are i terrible form, and we're not too great at the back either.  For me it's not just a struggle to see where our next win is going to come from, it's hard to see where our next goal is going to come from.

We just need Gabby to have one of those days where he's unplayable. He always seems to have a game like that when we most need it (Norwich away last season).