The R word

villanwesty88

I think we need 3 points to definitely be safe but i'd take a point today in a heartbeat. Even we drew today and Fulham, Cardiff and Sunderland lost, which is quite feasible, all would need 2 wins from 3 (3 from 4 in Sunderland's case) to overtake us because of the GD. Norwich would also then need a win and a draw from their horrific fixture list, which is also very tricky.

However, 3 points today would be amazing.

• Like 2

If we win any game at all I think it will be the Hull game as they will have their minds on the cup final at the time we play them.

Wouldn't rely on Steve Bruce to do us a favour!

Chill ya boots. 3 points for us today and we're fine. We'll win this afternoon I'm certain of it.

If we win any game at all I think it will be the Hull game as they will have their minds on the cup final at the time we play them.

Chill ya boots. 3 points for us today and we're fine. We'll win this afternoon I'm certain of it.

I really hope you are right, cause Fulham won't lie down...........

I really hope you are right, cause Fulham won't lie down...........

Bent warming up...... Hatrick?

Edited by Sunny*Nunny

Because of goal difference, Fulham need either 2 wins or a win and 2 draws to finish above us, assuming we pick up 0 points. Hull (H), Stoke (A), Palace (H). They can definitely do it, if we pick up 2 more points though I think it's a bit too much for them to get 7 points.

All these takeover rumours are making me even more nervous about relegation. How the feck are we in this position again? This season has been so disappointing. 

Not trying to make excuses, but I think those 3 big injuries to Okore, Benteke and Kozak have really **** us over this season.

The club wasn't prepared, the squad wasn't big enough, we didn't do enough in January, we didn't and don't have a plan B.

So even though the injuries haven't helped, the piss poor management and 'bargain basement' management from top to bottom is the reason we are in this position.

• Like 1

Could've done with Cardiff losing that game as opposed to a draw, Swansea won last minute too.

That said I'm still not convinced by how we play but I think the bottom 3 at the moment have some tough fixtures coming up so we may not need to be convincing.

Wouldn't say we are safe yet.

Edited by dudevillaisnice

Only one more point needed now in my opinion. Swansea is a good match to have as we seem to prefer playing against such teams. 

Fulham and Cardiff are both 5 points behind, both have worse goal difference.. Cardiff have to play Chelsea as one of their games, so have to win both of the other games - Sunderland and Newcastle I think?

Not sure who Fulham have got.

But I do agree, one more point..

If I've got this correct, which is no certain thing...

It would take one of Cardiff or Fulham to win 2 of their final 3 games to leapfrog us now. (A win and 2 draws wouldn't be enough due to goal difference)

Cardiff have:

Sunderland away - relegation rival

Newcastle away - awful form

Chelsea home - might still be fighting for the title

Fulham have:

Hull home - focus drifting to FA Cup Final?

Stoke away - safe

Crystal Palace home - safe, but in great form

Sunderland would have to win 3 (and likely draw 1 too because of GD) to do the same. They have:

Chelsea away - challenging for the title

Cardiff home - relegation rival

Man United away

West Brom home - relegation rival

Swansea home - possible relegation rival, although they're likely safe.

There's West Brom and Norwich to consider too. It's going to be edgy as both Fulham and Cardiff are capable of it.

Edited by Wes