The R word

villanwesty88

Tottenham will probably lose to Fulham because their shit. Swansea will win. can see Norwich getting a point off Liverpool at home. We must win today. Southampton are playing for nothing. i don't think 1 win is enough.

All these takeover rumours are making me even more nervous about relegation. How the feck are we in this position again? This season has been so disappointing. 

Not trying to make excuses, but I think those 3 big injuries to Okore, Benteke and Kozak have really **** us over this season.

We also picked up 8 points from the return fixtures of the games we have left. Not saying we'll do that again but this team has a knack of pulling a result out of the bag when we absolutely need one.

Is that true without Benteke, though?

Tottenham will probably lose to Fulham because their shit. Swansea will win. can see Norwich getting a point off Liverpool at home. We must win today. Southampton are playing for nothing. i don't think 1 win is enough.

The game is on Saturday not Thursday ;)

The game is on Saturday not Thursday ;)

its easter Friday here and it feels like Saturday. #wayoff

[qouote name=briny_ear" post="1301717" timestamp="1397782958]

We also picked up 8 points from the return fixtures of the games we have left. Not saying we'll do that again but this team has a knack of pulling a result out of the bag when we absolutely need one.

I don't know if i'm just overly pessimistic but I really do feel that we're going to drop this season. Our strikers are i terrible form, and we're not too great at the back either.  For me it's not just a struggle to see where our next win is going to come from, it's hard to see where our next goal is going to come from.

We just need Gabby to have one of those days where he's unplayable. He always seems to have a game like that when we most need it (Norwich away last season). 

Thank you for putting my feelings into words. I really feel we're going to continue our collapse, there wasn't one ounce of creativity or spark against Palace. I hope I'm wrong. UTV. 

Good point, it's usually a moment of brilliance from him that sparks us. Just have to hope someone else can step up to the plate
Gabby did last year against Norwich, and Benteke was almost invisible that game iirc! Let's hope he does again.

With all the rumours of a takeover if we stay up, I really hope we can at least get a point tomorrow and edge ourselves a little further away from danger. 3 points from our next 3 games should see us safe. If we are going down I think we will pretty much need to lose 9 games in a row, which is atrocious. Even a League 1 team could fluke 1 win against 9 different PL teams so let's hope we can do the same.

Fulham have been us (poor home record ) and Norwich (poor away record) good results for them especially with them coming together but they are still a poor team and against Spurs they will be without Holtby who has been one of their best players.

I think we will just about be ok and I think playing Man City and Spurs last 2 will work in our favour as both now have little to play for.City in particular look worn out and injuries are taking their toll.

Certainly if there was 10 games left I would be more worried.

2 points will be enough, it's whether we can get those. No Rodriguez or Ramirez for Saints, who have nothing to play for, at Villa Park. This is a game we should be looking to win and end our worries.

• Like 1

It's a bit odd to say Southampton "have nothing to play for." If nothing else, they will want to avenge that freak home defeat against us, but my observation of Southampton is they play every match to win so anyone who thinks they are just going to roll over may be in for a bit of a shock.

I think we need a win and a draw and I think we'll get it with time to spare.

None of that excuses the dreadful performances that have dragged us in to this mess. Again. It's utterly depressing but more than that, it's draining going through this time after time.

I fear we need another rebuild, which will likely mean at least another season on the brink. Delightful.

I think we need a win and a draw and I think we'll get it with time to spare.

None of that excuses the dreadful performances that have dragged us in to this mess. Again. It's utterly depressing but more than that, it's draining going through this time after time.

I fear we need another rebuild, which will likely mean at least another season on the brink. Delightful.

I agree with the majority of what you say DDID, except for the last sentence.

With a bit more backing, 4 or so players could radically alter our league position IMO, so maybe a full rebuild isn't totally necessary - we certainly have a few 'squad' players that can put a shift in but cannot be relying on them week in week out - add a bit more quality and those squad players could play a useful part in next season.

Certainly think we need 2-3 more points (how nice would it be to get them tomorrow!)

It's a bit odd to say Southampton "have nothing to play for." If nothing else, they will want to avenge that freak home defeat against us, but my observation of Southampton is they play every match to win so anyone who thinks they are just going to roll over may be in for a bit of a shock.

Not odd at all - Southampton do indeed have nothing to play for at the moment. Nobody's saying they will just roll over and getting a win certainly won't be easy but I think it would be a tougher game if they were in contention for the top 4 or battling relegation.

I actually think we'll win tomorrow. Maybe I'm getting carried away with the takeover speculation but after everything that has happened this week I have this feeling the players will bust a gut for result tomorrow.

Southampton's season is pretty much over and even though they still want to finish as high as possible it can be easy for players to switch off a bit once there is not much to play for.

Different circumstances but a very strong Bayern team lost 3-0 to Dortmund at home last week.