The R word

villanwesty88

Sunderland have momenteum for sure but I have a sneaky feeling this is their high point.They have done well playing us the underdogs and today in particular both goals where from awful defending from Chelsea.At home when onus is on them like us I think they will still struggle.

But for us this is groundhog day to the Mcleish season.We will draw our way over the line as we just don't have the goals in the team to do much else.

The bottom line in all this is that to guarantee survival we need to beat Hull at home. It says it all though that you will do well to find an Aston Villa fan confident that that will happen. Instead we are looking at other clubs fixtures hoping they will fail.

I'd like to think we could beat Hull on effort and desire but I am not even seeing that from us at the moment.

Edited by markavfc40

Realistically we should only need 1 more point surely as our goal difference is vastly superior?

Our goal difference could easily take a battering at Spurs and City.

Looking at the fixtures, next week could be really depressing. Fulham and West Brom could easily make ground and then of course one of Cardiff and Sunderland are sure of points. I think we need to beat Swansea.

I did this last year and wasn't too far off so I've tried to predict the final points each team will get (I know that is pretty pointless when you see results like Sunderland) but it makes me cling on to some hope!

15th West Brom 37 points ( 3 points against West Ham, 1 against Stoke)

16th Aston Villa - 36 points (1 point against Hull)

17th Sunderland - 36 points (3 against Cardiff and West Brom, 1 against Swansea) 

18th Fulham - 35 points (3 points against Hull, 1 point against Stoke and Palace). 

19th Norwich - 34 points (1 point against Liverpool and Arsenal) 

20th Cardiff - 30 points (No points). 

Edited by JoeParker91

Given Hulls fixtures they could well come to us in 2 weeks still on 36 points. They finish with Man U away and Everton at home. They may well need points from the game with us which makes it that much tougher.

I'm hoping Hull get something from the Fulham game. Oh, and that their players don't try against us so as to not get suspended or injured for the Cup final.

I have no idea how Sunderland winning has got me bricking it so much.

Given Hulls fixtures they could well come to us in 2 weeks still on 36 points. They finish with Man U away and Everton at home. They may well need points from the game with us which makes it that much tougher.

I agree and Steve Bruce would like nothing more than to turn the Villa over given the grief he used to get when being the blues manager!

Looking at the fixtures, next week could be really depressing. Fulham and West Brom could easily make ground and then of course one of Cardiff and Sunderland are sure of points. I think we need to beat Swansea.

Sandwell Town will not beat West Ham next week

Normally when teams are on similar points like we pretty much are with Swansea and Hull you usually get low scoring, low key draws so wouldn't shock me if we get two draws from our next two.

To all the doom mongers, go to the Bookies and put a bet on a) Cardiff winning their last 3 games, B) Norwich winning two of their last 4, c) Fulham to win 2/3, Sunderland to win 3/4 (if you count them losing to Cardiff but beating Man. United) and d) us to lose all our games..........................and you'd probably have enough winnings to buyout Lerner. wink.gif

• Like 3

Realistically we should only need 1 more point surely as our goal difference is vastly superior?

Our goal difference could easily take a battering at Spurs and City.

Our GD is 13 better than Norwich, 20 better than Cardiff, 10 better than Sunderland and 28 yes 28 better than Fulham so think it would take a 15 goals of xmas type 3 game spell to put us in danger of being overtaken by some of those clubs.

Don't forget some of those clubs will probably lose in at least another game in the run in so that will make their Gds worse aswell.

It gives us an extra buffer at least.