The R word

villanwesty88

Can see them winning all 3 home games left - West Brom, Cardiff and Swansea. Would put them on 38 points.

Not a chance in hell

It's amazing that everyone expects all these teams to win more in a month than they have in the calendar year so far

Sunderland have West Brom and Cardiff and Swansea they all cannot win.

Can see them winning all 3 home games left - West Brom, Cardiff and Swansea. Would put them on 38 points.

Not a chance in hell

It's amazing that everyone expects all these teams to win more in a month than they have in the calendar year so far

Then Cardiff can only get to 36 minimum

• Like 1

Surely doesn't change that much, you'd think if Sunderland do stay up they'd have to beat Cardiff and WBA games.

Now if they do that pretty much relegates Cardiff as they'd have to win their final two and hope we don't pick up another point all season and suddenly WBA on 33 and still with away games at Arsenal and Man. City won't start running out of games to overtake us.

Plus you have Norwich with  the run in everyone knows off by heart. That was a crucial point for us as they now need 4 points from those games with their inferior GD.

And it's not set in stone that Fulham will win 2/3 either.

I'd like Sunderland to stay tbh. Good fans, I like the work Poyet has done there and crucially one of the few teams we regularly beat still.

• Like 1

Not a chance in hell

1) confidence

2) end of the season - strange things happen

3) Sunderland are fighting, we are not.

Sunderland Cardiff next weekendwhat do we want? A draw?

Yup

Draws when the bottom 3 play each other, wins for the team outside the bottom 3 when they're playing someone in the relegation zone. Basically you want the current bottom 3 to get as few points as possible

• Like 1

Just need Sunderland and Norwich to lose this weekend and that will be a huge boost to our survival chances.

Norwich would need 4 points from Man Utd (a), Chelsea (a) and Arsenal (h).

Sunderland would need 9 points from Cardiff (h), Man Utd (a), West Brom (h), Swansea (h).

Cardiff need 6 points from Sunderland (a), Newcastle (a) and Chelsea (h).

Fulham need 6 points from Hull (h), Stoke (a), Palace (h).

That's if we don't pick up any more points. I can see us getting at least one more draw.

Shit! Sunderland now need seven from those four!!

I think Cardiff will go and I can't see where Norwich's points are going to come from so it'll be between us, WBA, Fulham and Sunderland.

WBA play: Man City (A), West Ham (H), Arsenal (A), Sunderland (A), and Stoke (H).

Edit: seven from four.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

We get another point Fulham would need 7/9 to finish above us.

Sunderland would need 8 points from their last 4.

If beaten at Sunderland West Brom would need 4 points from their last 4 games and two of those are away to Man. City and Arsenal.

To me all these scenarios are all incredibly long shots and the good think is it's not just one team but quite a few who need this.

**** hell. We are back in it now after that shit performance from Chelsea.

Sunderland have 3 home games left so would imagine they will pick up some points from those. They've just taken 4 from City and Chelsea away.

We need a couple of draws at least. So depressing.

They have home games against Cardiff and Albion so if they win those then it drops them both in it. It's almost an ideal scenario.

Edited by Robbie09

Confidence and momentum can take you a long way. Sunderland now have a fair bit of both. Given their remaining fixtures I could see them taking between 6 and 9 points from their final four games.

Cardiff will do well to get 4 points so I don't see them catching us.

I could see Fulham taking 6 points from their two home games.

Norwich may get one win but I can't see them getting anymore than 3 points maximum.

We should just be safe on what we have but I do not want to go into the last game of the season in with a shout of relegation. I'd like to think we can get a win from Swansea or Hull but the way we played today and the terrible run of form we are on makes me worry that we won't. In terms of form we must be on the worst run in the league. Also worryingly our attitude just doesn't seem right and we seem to lack that real fighting spirit and passion/desire/determination that should be on show now.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Not a chance in hell

Momentum I suspect. Wigan did it numerous times.