The R word

villanwesty88

I wasn't even remotely worried until the last two games.  Now basically this season is a complete mirror of last season for me

Then we started bad and the team from Christmas played some decent stuff showed a lot of team togetherness,  Benteke was scoring for fun and (Vlaar aside) we didn't suffer too many injuries with our better players coming back at the right time

This season we started not too bad and since Christmas have been in terrible form,  team not showing much togetherness,  injuries to better players at the wrong time and not scoring many at all

In relegation battles scenario 1 (ie last season) is by far the better way to be at this stage than scenario 2 and that is why I am greatly concerned right now.  I cant see where the next point is coming from but again that may be a source or comfort as this team is very unpredictable.  To be honest no points at home to Stoke,  Fulham ,  away at Palace (six points from us this season!) and home to an already on the beach Southampton and we probably deserve to go down

I think there's a good chance we're gone. There's always one team who hit terrible form at a crucial point and that's us this season. 

It's worth pointing out that though that a lot of the time that team stays up.

This is surely mirroring the McLeish season.

Plodding along in mid table not doing much, then we lost Bent at injury at Wigan who was our main source of goals and we barely won another game.

If that season had been two games longer we'd have gone down, luckily we just about have a big enough buffer. Think the same will happen again.

• Like 1

I really think that we've sleep walked into relegation. This entire season we hadn't been below 13th, now we've hit terrible form and it will take us a while to respond. Hard to see us collecting 2+ points.

I think a team will go down on 36 points by the way.

• Like 1

This thread is very unnerving.

I wasn't worried at all before I ventured here.

That's the effect of these types of things, they spread fear and don't do the club any good.

There's five games to play, look up the table and fight for every point that will get us to a position that betters last year's.  Ignore the negativity and believe in the team and club.

Edited by McGregor1888
  • Like 1

Get behind the lads - plain and simple.

Always do, alot of people don't though, hence our poor form at home.

1-0 up against Stoke and people started moaning and the atmosphere was non-existant. Complete contrast to the Chelsea game.

• Like 1

All these rumours about training ground bust ups are worrying me. I hope they're just silly internet rumours with people guessing at anything to rationalise our bad form but with Lambert coming out and saying there are private issues happening behind the scenes that people don't know about, when questioned on why he thinks we have progressed this season. It makes me wonder what it could be.

• Like 1

What a load of tosh. We're going through a bad run of form and we'll probably not finish higher than say, 15 or 16, but we're not going down.

Fours words: Sunderland, Cardiff, Norwich, Fulham. If you were a neutral you would probably bet on us staying up. 

Having said that, the team is still a pile of poopoo and weewee and Lambert has one more season.  (and he probably knows it)

• Like 1

1-0 up against Stoke and people started moaning and the atmosphere was non-existant. Complete contrast to the Chelsea game.

Rubbish. You think its the fans fault we set a new club record for home defeats?

Rubbish. You think its the fans fault we set a new club record for home defeats?

Of course he does. Bet he can't explain why we have only won one away game since early December though.

Of course he does. Bet he can't explain why we have only won one away game since early December though.

Yes seems strange that.

No, I didn't say that (putting a question mark at the end of sentence doesn't make it ok to imply people said that either), but we certainly don't help.

This is surely mirroring the McLeish season.

Plodding along in mid table not doing much, then we lost Bent at injury at Wigan who was our main source of goals and we barely won another game.

If that season had been two games longer we'd have gone down, luckily we just about have a big enough buffer. Think the same will happen again.

It has been a mirror of the McLeish season for a good while now.