The R word

villanwesty88

We wont go down, but i can nearly guarantee we will next season if things remain the same in the running of it.

I agree. Unless there is major improvements made to the squad in the summer we will be lucky escape relegation next season. It feels like the situation at Wigan, everyone knew it was a case of 'when' not 'if'

We wont go down, but i can nearly guarantee we will next season if things remain the same in the running of it.

I agree. Unless there is major improvements made to the squad in the summer we will be lucky escape relegation next season. 

This post has been said almost word for word for the past three seasons.

• Like 1

It's a massive waste of money - we're not going down IMO.

Another problem with the club, fans refusing to see what is in front of them.

Go look at the fixtures of the teams below us - even if we lose all of our games, which we are looking likely to do, there's a very slim chance of us going down.

Thankfully Norwich have an absolutely horrendous final 4 fixtures. 

Unfortunately it is not just about Norwich though is it. They may well slip into the bottom 3 but both Fulham and Cardiff have the potential to get out of the bottom 3.

Fulham have Spurs, Hull, Stoke and Palace. They now have momentum so I would not be surprised to see them pick up 6 or 7 points from that lot putting them on 36/37.

Cardiff have Stoke, Sunderland, Newcastle and Chelsea. It is not beyond the realms they could pick up 6 points from that lot putting them on 35 points.

I just can't see us staying up on 34. We will need to pick up at least a point. I think we will as I just can't for the life of me accept that we could lose nine games on the bounce. I am reasonably confident we will get between 2 and 4 points.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Fulham aren't going to get 2 wins out of that lot - Spurs, Stoke and Palace are all better than them.

Cardiff are shit - their chances of getting two wins is absolutely miniscule. 

You're also missing Swansea and West Brom from that list, who are both also on dreadful veins of form and have some difficult fixtures too. 

Fulham aren't going to get 2 wins out of that lot - Spurs, Stoke and Palace are all better than them.

Cardiff are shit - their chances of getting two wins is absolutely miniscule. 

You're also missing Swansea and West Brom from that list, who are both also on dreadful veins of form and have some difficult fixtures too. 

Fulham have just won two games on the spin. They played like a team possessed against us. That is a very decent run in for them. They are playing 4 teams with f all to play for.

I agree Cardiff are shit. However they went to Southampton yesterday and beat them. They again play two teams with f all to play for in Newcastle and Stoke and have the team bottom of the league to play. It is therefore not beyond the realms they can win 2 games.

Swansea have a very decent run in. Looking at West Brom you'd think they will pick up 3 points at least.

I cannot see us staying up on 34 points. I also can't see us losing nine games on the spin.

• Like 1

Southampton were unlucky against Cardiff yesterday though and Marshall put in a top class performance. Cardiff can't, and won't, keep getting away with a result like that.

Edit: although I do agree that playing Stoke and Newcastle - two teams who could mentally be on the beach - might help!

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

I don't think we'll go down but the fact that Lambert says 'they're are worse teams than villa' and deny's that were in trouble speaks volumes.

If this is the attitude of the manager it's no wonder he can't get a response from the squad.

Lamberts attitude has been worrying me for some time. After we lost to Fulham that was the first time I had heard him say we were in a relegation fight.

Last season we knew all season we were in a battle and we mentally tuned in to what was needed. We gave our all in games in the last third of the season against West Ham, QPR, Reading, Sunderland and Norwich. We simply haven't shown anything like that level of fight over the last month and have almost played with an attitude that we have nothing to play for. Stoke bullied us recently, Fulham simply wanted it more and likewise Palace did yesterday.

We need to switch and start playing like a team possessed now. What we lack in ability we need to make up for in effort and heart.

Edited by markavfc40

I agree. Unless there is major improvements made to the squad in the summer we will be lucky escape relegation next season.

Not quite sure what point you're making here. The fact that it had been relevant - and worth saying - for the past 3 seasons surely shows there is quite a lot in it?

Thankfully Norwich have an absolutely horrendous final 4 fixtures.

Unfortunately it doesn’t work like that.

We beat Chelsea, Cardiff beat Southahmpton etc etc.

They won’t lose all those games.

But we'll definitely lose all ours?

Not quite sure what point you're making here. The fact that it had been relevant - and worth saying - for the past 3 seasons surely shows there is quite a lot in it?

And the fact that we have been saying it for 3yrs shows exactly what a poor job the powers that be are doing at VP.

Our club is better, or at least should be better than 3yrs of relegation worries.