The R word

villanwesty88

10-1 at some bookies for us to go down still I find that amazing I took us at 40-1 like an insurance bet should the worst happen.

If you are worried like me then fill your boots if you are that convinced we are going down its free money!

We would all rather lose a few quid and see us safe so let's get behind the boys next week 42000 giving it their all for the 11 on the pitch. After if they are cack again by all means vent your spleens but for the 90 minutes we have to do our bit for the greater good of this club that will be here long after all of us.

• Like 1

I genuinely think we're going down.

So you think that either Fulham or Cardiff (as it stands) will win their last two? Because I don't think any of us believes Norwich will overtake us.

I can see both Sunderland and Fulham getting out of it.

Really wouldn't surprise me if Norwich got a fluke win too. We need to beat Hull. 

On the plus side, that's Cardiff gone, no way will they beat both Chelsea and Newcastle

Norwich would need to get a win and a draw from Chelsea and arsenal, not going to happen

need stoke to do u a massive favour Saturday and not lose to Fulham, and then were safe

we could just beat hull of course, but that's about as likely as me winning miss world

• Like 3

On the plus side, that's Cardiff gone, no way will they beat both Chelsea and Newcastle

Norwich would need to get a win and a draw from Chelsea and arsenal, not going to happen

need stoke to do u a massive favour Saturday and not lose to Fulham, and then were safe

we could just beat hull of course, but that's about as likely as me winning miss world

I'm sure you're doing yourself a disservice Jim.

I don't get it. Half the people are saying it's pretty unlikely we'll go down and odds are 10-1 against it (fairly long I believe?)

Yet there are the other half saying we're definitely going down. Which is it?

Depends if your glass is half empty or half full

The bottom 3 will be Cardiff, Fulham and Norwich.

They are just as bad as we are and are not picking up any wins either.

Fulham aren't - and they have nothing fixtures - - Its looking like us or Fulham for that last spot. I believe Cardiff and Norwich have gone. 

I think Sunderland winning is better than Cardiff winning- they have 3 games left, rather than two, so it was more likely they'd catch us. Now Cardiff and Fulham both need two wins from two to overtake us. And Norwich need to beat either Chelsea or Norwich, which seems unlikely. And this is assuming we don't pick up any more points.

Fulham aren't - and they have nothing fixtures - - Its looking like us or Fulham for that last spot. I believe Cardiff and Norwich have gone.

They don't score enough to win back to back.

I don't see them winning this weekend.

Fulham have Stoke (nothing to play for) and Palace on the last day at home (tough to beat, but nothing to play for).

Sunderland have Manure, which they could get something out of, then West Brom and Swansea, both at home.

I can see both teams getting enough points to climb above us, leaving us, Norwich and Cardiff in the relegation zone.

Frankly, if we don't beat Hull, we're down.

No we're not. You have just awarded Fulham two wins out of two!! They are in the bottom 3 because they are rubbish and yet you've just given them back to back wins. Then you've given Sunderland 4 points AND assumed we will lose our last two. We MAY go down but I think we are safe and to say that we are down if we don't beat Hull is madness tbh mate.

Odds mean **** all when it comes down to the crunch.

What odds were we to beat Bradford, or Liverpool to win the league, or Suarez to be at Liverpool this season, or Villa to be relegated (back in October).

If we are using bookies odds as a reason we will stay up, we must have run out of real excuses and reasons.

Odds on Villa to get relegated post Chelsea were 50-1...our longest odds all season...I was going to stick a cheeky £10 (+ £10 free bet) on it (baby on way, buying bigger house) but I just never got round to it...
I was still concerned about our form post-Chelsea so stuck on £60 quid. At 50-1.

If the worst happens I'm going to take my new wife (getting married next week) on a special holiday,

But I never win bets - let alone 3 grand - so you can all rest easy that we'll beat Hull!

I applaud you mate, football is a business now, so why shouldn't us fans treat it as such...

To be honest, if we do go down, it'll be worth it knowing you've won the cash to treat your new wife, I even feel better about not putting the bet on myself.

Good luck with the wedding day, don't let the results get in the way of it. Best thing I ever did was get married!

Congrats!

Why are people so worried about Fulham? They had an ideal chance of closing the gap on us yesterday at 2-0 with 15 minutes to go... What makes anyone think that they are all of a sudden going to go to Stoke and get all 3 points??? They missed an easier chance yesterday.... Of course, 1 point v Hull and it is all academic....

1 point v Hull....... Look how far we have sunk......

Edited by ben1505
  • Like 1

Odds mean **** all when it comes down to the crunch.

What odds were we to beat Bradford, or Liverpool to win the league, or Suarez to be at Liverpool this season, or Villa to be relegated (back in October).

If we are using bookies odds as a reason we will stay up, we must have run out of real excuses and reasons.

Odds on Villa to get relegated post Chelsea were 50-1...our longest odds all season...I was going to stick a cheeky £10 (+ £10 free bet) on it (baby on way, buying bigger house) but I just never got round to it...
I was still concerned about our form post-Chelsea so stuck on £60 quid. At 50-1.

If the worst happens I'm going to take my new wife (getting married next week) on a special holiday,

But I never win bets - let alone 3 grand - so you can all rest easy that we'll beat Hull!

I applaud you mate, football is a business now, so why shouldn't us fans treat it as such...

To be honest, if we do go down, it'll be worth it knowing you've won the cash to treat your new wife, I even feel better about not putting the bet on myself.

Good luck with the wedding day, don't let the results get in the way of it. Best thing I ever did was get married!

Congrats!

Why are people so worried about Fulham? They had an ideal chance of closing the gap on us yesterday at 2-0 with 15 minutes to go... What makes anyone think that they are all of a sudden going to go to Stoke and get all 3 points??? They missed an easier chance yesterday.... Of course, 1 point v Hull and it is all academic....

1 point v Hull....... Look how far we have sunk......

Although normally I would agree about Stoke being hard to beat at home, it's worth noting that Stoke will be without Shawcross now after his sending off yesterday.

You never know we might get a draw or even a win against Tottenham or Man City. Eveyone is totally rulling them out. Man City may have nothing to play for an be on the beach already.

Ok wishful thinking, but I wouldn't rule it out!!!!

Fulhams defending is worse than ours and I don't think they will beat Stoke and Pullis will not allow his team to think of holidays.