• Tonev (for Weimann 87)

Players we should keep:

Benteke

Guzan

Clark

Players we shouldn't keep:

The rest of the squad.

Notable mentions to:

Weimann - does he ever score, assist or do anything remotely positive?

Luna - offers nothing going forward and is pretty much a liability in every game

Baker - slow, clumsy, always seems to get his head on the ball from corners, free kicks etc.. in the oppo half but generally seems to think he is up there defending not attacking

Kozak - slow, clumsy, no passion for attacking the ball or assisting with build up play

Heleinus - who?

Tonev - had so many chances to prove himself or even show a glimmer of talent, still waiting for that to happen, pretty sure we could pick up a 100,000 purchase from the championship or league one with more potential than him

Edited by AVFCDAN

To those saying we need to invest in January to survive another relegation scrap - then what? The same shit next season?

This club needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom. The core is very rotten.

Or maybe if we sign quality in January and are able to offer wages in excess of 15k pw we will speed up this whole squad building process and will benefit from it largely by next season.

That sounds familiar. Weren't we saying the same in July?

Fed up of hearing no budget. 40 mill was it. Not much by Premiership standards no, but Lambert brought to many in at such a short time. Should have looked more for fewer players with proven quality. For this reason, Lambert out!

I do absolutely agree with this. He's wasted money on positions and players that were not needed. Lose Kozak and Tonev and buy a a AM instead and we could be having different results. Too many players that are shit in too short a space of time

WAGES.

"quality" players as you say take wages we can't or won't pay. So to just talk about 40 million spent on fees is meaningless.

it hurts when you lose in the last min.

Thing is I'm not even hurt. I've lost a lot of passion for villa at the moment. It's really hard to care when your team has bored you to death for 90 minutes. It's just a chore at the moment
  • Like 1

it hurts when you lose in the last min.

Thing is I'm not even hurt. I've lost a lot of passion for villa at the moment. It's really hard to care when your team has bored you to death for 90 minutes. It's just a chore at the moment

This. It's a shame, but right now I find it hard to care. Compared to a few seasons ago when I genuinely felt gutted whenever we conceded, or elated when we scored. Now it's just complete apathy.

To those saying we need to invest in January to survive another relegation scrap - then what? The same shit next season?

This club needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom. The core is very rotten.

Or maybe if we sign quality in January and are able to offer wages in excess of 15k pw we will speed up this whole squad building process and will benefit from it largely by next season.

That sounds familiar. Weren't we saying the same in July?

Did we sign proven quality?

Look we aint going to get any quality players in january purely because we won't spend the money or pay the wages. We might get players that manage to keep us up but not quality players. Wether we fight relegation year after year or progress to being a mid table team neither is good enough. Mid table sucks

988840_10152067338626465_336103156_n.jpg

Shows how bad we are when the only team with lower possession and pass accuracy stats beat us on our own turf!

Those wins against Man City and Arsenal were very important because we'd be right in it without those 6 points.

Not sure sacking Lambert is the answer. Just don't know if anyone else could get that shower of shite playing any better, to be honest. However, I have seen him playing players out of position from his very first serious game in charge, when he had Herd playing at right wing! He's also persisted with starting players, and bringing players on, when other alternatives would have been better options.

Lose or draw on Saturday and my banner is firmly nailed to the mast.

Too pissed off to say anything else.

Wow, someone who can finally see the wood for the trees!

And this is why I didn't want to post anything. Whichever way I went I'd have people making comments

• Like 3

Shite from start to finish. Apart from a few brief patches Palace were the better side. I thought it would ugly if we lost and it was. There were two contrasting emotions amongst the fans today; pure rage at yet another inept and spineless display, The second emotion was the resigned shrug as you trudge away from VP not believing what you have witnessed. Today was seminal for me in that I had my doubts about Lambert but felt we should stick with him but now I am definitely in the sack him camp and my feeling looking at this thread and being at the game today is that is the view of the majority of fans.

Yes we have got some poor players but so have Palace but they were well organised, committed and had a game plan which they stuck to. Villa on the other hand looked disorganised, bereft of both a game plan or any sort of tactics beyond lumping it up the field. Our passing in midfield is a joke: sideways, backwards, anyway but forwards. As I have said a few times the minimum I would expect of Lambert would be a well organised and difficult to beat side. We are neither. We are the easiest side in the PL to play and outsmart and responsibility for that sits fairly and squarely with the manager

I would hazard a guess that Lambert had already lost the players and has now lost the fans too. A new manager coming in would organise and motivate the players better and hopefully salvage Premier League survival from this disastrous season. So for me its LAMBERT OUT before it is too late. The simple fact is he is out of his depth in the PL. The lack of money argument just does not wash with me, he is just not a very good manager, end of.

Edited by Harry

Â