• Albrighton
    • Delph
    • Agbonlahor
    • Kozák
    • Weimann
    • Bacuna (for Luna 67)
    • Bowery (for Kozák 77)
    • Tonev (for Weimann 87)

Nearly 38,000 fans turned up to watch us struggle to compete against a weak palace team.

I won't to support Lambert but why can't he see that were lacking in the middle and watching our creativity come from Clark and baker is just wrong, their not good enough, time and time again they picked the wrong wing when half the ground seemed to see Bacuna, Lowton and Albrighon in acres of space.

Tonev started games yet doesnt get on until there's 4 minutes left, Gardner sits on the bench while we struggle there game after game.

I can cope with losing but we need to change it for the next game, we could all see this coming but Lambert didn't

. I don't want him sacked for sackings sake, but he needs backing or sacking and I think he will know this. UTV

To think we were challenging for champs league a couple of seasons ago. What a demise

a couple of seasons ago? Was 5 year ago and even then we would not invest in what was needed. Can't remember who said it but a former manager said " villa are a big club but always fail to make that next step into a massive club" or summat along them lines. Even when we were challenging for 4th we bottled it and that was because we would not spend the money for a top class striker. We got bent a season to late. With young and milner providing for him that season we had 4th place in our site he would of been the missing link and we would of claimed 4th

Draw a big box from the penalty area to the edge of the centre circle - we need someone who can play in there. Gabby occassionally runs through that area, we sometimes go down the sides of it, but we have no one who plays in it. Delph and KEA are always on the halfway line, which is where they naturally belong.

We lacked any kind of threat today, any kind of cohesion, those players who were doing their natural job were okay, but it was obvious that we were missing players in key areas - not through injury, because we haven't got them.

There was a moment in the second half when Gabby ran right through Palace and had a shot saved (probably our best moment of the match) he grabbed the ball, ran to the corner and popped it down quickly to try and gain an advantage from a quick one - the look on his face when he looked up to find Kozak in the box and everyone else dawdling about on the halfway line probably sums up the afternoon. Too many of this lot took the day off, lazy, half arsed performance by a bunch of players who looked like they couldn't be bothered. I'd have them watching tapes of this game at Bodymoor Heath tonight. This lot need a kick up the backside.

The manager didn't seem to have a plan and the players haven't the ability to win without one or the imagination to create their own. This was terrible performance on 88 minutes, and the late Palace goal at least makes sure that none of them come away thinking it wasn't.

Gabby was okay, Delph was okay, Guzan was okay. Albrighton was okay. KEA worked but was poor, the rest could do with a good shake. 

Sack him bring in AVB & back him.

Panicking & Playing 352 at home to palace & losing

No penetration, no movement, no quality

you must be joking?? Why would he come to villa when he could have his pick of better clubs who are going somewhere who will also pay him way more

A shame that Barry Bannan isn't on the MOTM list!

The worry is that Lambert is likely to get more money to waste in the transfer window, I just don't see him being sacked.

The worst feeling at 5 p.m. today is that in 46 hours we have to go through it all again

BBC Sport pundit Steve ClaridgeLOMAS GONE- Watford 4-0 Millwall

Speaking following the news that Steve Lomas has been sacked as manager of Millwall: "I was actually at the game today. I'm not surprised with Steve's sacking. I think once you have lost the fans it is difficult to get them back. I think everything had turned and it was the best course of action."

And today was the day Lambert lost the majority of the Villa support.

He lost mine when he bought on Bowery for Kozak. 

I had a certain sinking feeling at the end when that Gayle goal went in. A feeling telling me we're going down this season, whatever we do.

Lerner is the biggest problem at the club currently, however the way Lambert sets up his 'team' who play like a bunch of strangers with no idea at all is not acceptable. Swansea is his last chance for me, I don't see him doing anything leading to a better performance in just 48 hours, but it's not like we could get anyone else in before that game anyway.

Best Player on the pitch today - Barry Bannan.

Sad thing is other then delph, he is better then any of our midfield. At least he has the bulls to try something different, whether it comes off or not, rather then our by the numbers crab like midfield.

Weimann was a disgrace today. He could not be bothered, so half hearted even if he is being played out of position.

I said last week that their is no point sacking Lambert because their is no one else. Nah lets get rid. Cant get worse right now. We have no identity. At least under the woeful Mcleish we were defensively decent and hard to beat. What is our identity under Lambert.

Luna is WORSE then bennett. Tonev is the most woeful player ive seen in a villa shirt. Helenius must be woeful if bowery gets in the team above him. Bacuna the jury is out still but leans to being woeful. Kozak is never ever a £7 million pound striker for gods sake. He has brought a load of shite. Worse then what we already had.

I thought KEA was our best player in the first half but disappeared in the second. Delph was poor throughout, and his defending for the goal was unbelievably poor.

Luna looks like more of a liability with each passing game.

Sorry for Guzan, did well to keep us in the game and stopped Bannan from scoring.

Haven't seen Lambert's post match interview yet, perhaps we were actually " excellent", like in the first half against Stoke.

I am sick of this young and hungry philosophy that keeps being touted and about Lambert cant be blamed because of the tiny budget. All I see is players moving ball from left to right with no options as no one is running into space. No options from throw ins as no one moves to receive it. No pass and move. Running your ass off to make space costs money at all just instruction and motivation from the manager. The overpaid coasters we had before worked harder than these muppets. We must lose possession from throw ins more often than any team in pro football. More worrying is the lack of hustle when we get set pieces. It just feels all wrong and I firmly blame the manager for that. As someone else has said here at very least despite being lower class players than the opposition you make yourselves hard to beat and work your socks off. O concur that Lambert has lost the players IMO

• Like 2

To be fair millwall have been worse than us this year and he was a west ham boy. I'm surprised he lasted that long. Let's not make any rash decisions. We are near enough where we were at last year around this time when we were awful. Wew turned it around and had a decent end of season. If I was randy I'd give him until end of jan

• Like 1

How many people on here wanted lambert appointed? And when he was appointed were wetting themselves(me included). Things aint worked out but their is more than meets the eye. I am disapointed in lambert if truth be told but he has potential to be a very good manager. It probaly won't be at this club though. Remember southampton last year when they won and were clearly the better team like palace today. Time is running out but the fat lady aint sang yet. I'd rather lerner piss off first

Guzan - 8 out of 10. Terrific saves today but takes ages to distribute the ball when we get in some rare attacking positions.

Luna - 4 out of 10. Worse then Bennett. Truly awful.

Clarke - 6 out of 10. He has improved greatly this season. Solid squad player

Baker - 4 out of 10. Had high hopes for him but sorry he is not a premiership player. Ever. Not good enough as 4th choice defender either.

Lowton - 5 out of 10. Made some awful passes straiggt to the opposition. Poor.

Delph - 6.5 out of 10. Gave his all but no real quality even if he was one of the better players.

Al ahmadi - 5 out of 10. Whats the point of this fella?!?! Average. Whats sad is that he is one of our better players and he is pretty awful.

Albrighton - 6.5 out of 10. He gave it a go and at least tried to make things happen.

Weimann - 2 out of 10. Got away with murder today. Disgraceful performance. I know he was played out of position AGAIN but cant forgive someone not trying. Couldnt be arsed to track back. Couldnt give a toss. He has changed big time.

Agbonlahor - 6 out of 10. Quiet game for him. Our most dangerous player though.

Kozak - 4 out of 10. Bit harsh because he had no service but he did nothing so cant rate higher.

Lambert - 0 out of 10. No inspiration, tactically out thought by Pulis. Strange, strange substitutions. Get out of our club.

Â