What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

My Mom did us proud

Turkey, beef, roasters, carrots, sprouts, peas (for Dad who loves them), leeks, parsnips, stuffing and most important... pigs in blankets! 

• Like 2

Orange glazed gammon, rosemary and thyme turkey and stilton and porcini mushroom fillet of beef.

Roast spuds, carrots, peas, pork stuffing, pigs in blankets, beef gravy, normal gravy, cauliflower, broccoli.

Didn't touch the mashed potato, honey roast parsnips or sprouts.

Did touch the 6 flavours of macaroons and the red velvet cake.

Not bad considering it only came out at 13 calories per person. 

Cherry liqueur, balieys hot chocolate, plum gin, prosecco & chateaux neuf du pap.

FAT BASTARD.

• Like 1

One hell of a lot...

Lobster and Prawn cocktail starter

Roast turkey, Roast Pork, Bacon, Crackling, Pigs in blankets ( a lot), Roast potatos, Roast Parsnips, Roast Carrots, peas, Green beans, Cranberry Sauce, Gravy

A few pieces of Chocolate, few bits of licorice.

Christmas pudding, cream 

• Like 1

Seeing as everyone is listing out Christmas dinner, today I'm very proud of cooking the following -

4.5kg capon (roast and steamed), 1kg roast topside of beef, roast potatoes, roast broccoli and roast sprouts (both cooked in a smoked garlic and peppercorn oil), roast parsnips, roast carrots (cooked in honey and red wine vinegar), peas and Yorkshire puddings.  The Yorkies were frozen - I didn't have room in the oven for a proper tray of them.

It was a gargantuan effort, and as reward tomorrow I'm going to eat the leftover beef on sandwiches with rocket, mayo and mustard.

Get in my belly!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Nice work! I always find horseradish to be way too mild these days. It's like putting rice pudding on a sandwich half the time.

Me, too.

I've been growing some of my own this year and plan to make my own: as hot as it can be!

Can't do chili heat but must have big heat from mustard and horseradish.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Everything in the whole house.  I'm an absolute glutton today.

Yep same.

I've just been physically sick as result of how much I've eaten.

God bless us, everyone.

• Like 2

Â