What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

2 large mixed grills, lamb curry, chicken curry, 3x nan breads and 2x masala chips between five of us. 

Bangin'!

Hen 'n' Chickens in Brum. 

How do you like that @mottaloo! Pictures to follow (my phone died so waiting on Whatsapp group pics)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

2 large mixed grills, lamb curry, chicken curry, 3x nan breads and 2x masala chips between five of us. 

Bangin'!

How do you like that @mottaloo! Pictures to follow (my phone died so waiting on Whatsapp group pics)

Only sharing the chips... bit harsh dude :P

20 hours ago, Xela said:

Bangin'!

There is a great place a few miles out of town, and they do a monster mixed grill. My missus went there the other week, and she said no way would I manage it. This caused outrage, as I can put away a lot of food, and also a mixed grill being my favourite meal. We've got a bet on it anyway, and we are booked in for next Saturday. 

Did a KFC thing I saw on facebook earlier

Get a fillet burger (I got a tower cos I'm gangster) a mini fillet and a gravy 

Take the top bun off the fillet, pour half gravy over, put the mini fillet bottom bun on, put mini fillet on, pour over remaining gravy, stick big bun on top

Was pretty good 

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

There is a great place a few miles out of town, and they do a monster mixed grill. My missus went there the other week, and she said no way would I manage it. This caused outrage, as I can put away a lot of food, and also a mixed grill being my favourite meal. We've got a bet on it anyway, and we are booked in for next Saturday. 

These are indian mixed grills, not your standard ones (which I also like)

I bet you'd love it Ruge.

hen-and-chickens-ph.jpg

• Like 2

That wasn't my photo, just a stock one from a tripadvisor review of the same place. I washed it down with 3 pints of Thatchers cider. 

There are a lot of these Indian mixed grill pubs around Wolves/West Brom/Smethwick/Dudley way... more so that Brum, where there is only a handful. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

That wasn't my photo, just a stock one from a tripadvisor review of the same place. I washed it down with 3 pints of Thatchers cider. 

There are a lot of these Indian mixed grill pubs around Wolves/West Brom/Smethwick/Dudley way... more so that Brum, where there is only a handful. 

Fraud! 

Will have to hunt one down. 

• Like 1

On 13/01/2018 at 20:07, Xela said:

Bangin'!

Between just 5 !?! Jeez, you must've been packing away some serious portions of meat there my friend :o;)

• Like 1

Just now, mottaloo said:

Between just 5 !?! Jeez, you must've been packing away some serious portions of meat there my friend :o;)

We polished it all off! Could have slipped another grill in  there I reckon!

To be honest the grill wasn't the biggest... we find the ones in the city centre (Hen and Chickens and Keg and Grill) are generally smaller than you get in some dive place in West Brom! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

We polished it all off! Could have slipped another grill in  there I reckon!

To be honest the grill wasn't the biggest... we find the ones in the city centre (Hen and Chickens and Keg and Grill) are generally smaller than you get in some dive place in West Brom! 

I work with a lad, and regularly goes to this shit hole of a pub in walsall that do Indian mixed grills, and all that stuff. He says there the best kind of places to go, rather than some swanky looking place. 

made a gordon ramsey apple crumble last night

made some caramel, put in cinnamon and vanilla, grated 2 apples and cooked them to a mush, added in 2 more diced apples, added in cranberries, crumble mix and oats on the top (because i cant be bothered with making my own)

it was the bollocks

On 13/01/2018 at 19:19, theboyangel said:

All homemade Chicken fajitas, refried beans, guacamole and corn tortillas

extra toppings of cheese, red jalapeños, coriander leaf and sour cream. 

stuffed now! 

The missus came home with some stewing beef, only 500g for four people, so I was inspired to make beef fajitas, stew the meat slowly until falling apart, then stir-fry with peppers, chipotle, garlic etc and serve as fajitas with guacamole and oven-baked chips in olive oil, oregano and chilli as a side.  A good way to make a smallish amount of meat spin out.

Open the pack to find it's not stewing beef at all, but mince.  Sodding mince.  No good for anything except a spag bol.

Gaaahhh!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, peterms said:

Open the pack to find it's not stewing beef at all, but mince.  Sodding mince.  No good for anything except a spag bol.

Pah! A decent chilli, burgers, meatballs (although much better with half pork mince)

Although a decent spag bol is hard to beat.

Â