What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Nothing like a 'chippy tea' on a Friday! 

I had it at 1pm! :blush:

Dinner has been sushi and a scotch egg. Bit weird but needed to clear my fridge out!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Kentucky hot brown

basically a turkey and tomato toasted sandwich which you the cover in a cheese sauce grate some cheese over the top stick some bacon on it and grill

probably clocks in at around 3k calories...

I thought you said Kentucky hot pocket at first :ph34r:

I went to my parents for Sunday dinner today. My mom had put on a leftovers/picnic style spread with crusty bread, cheeses, cold meats, pork pies, cocktail sausages, chicken & bacon vau len vents etc. However, she had forgotten that I was still doing the ‘vegetarian thing’, so my dinner was mainly bread based:unsure:

Garlic bread.... crusty bread... a bit of cheese on some bread... and some salad. A taste sensation.

• Haha 1

Soup night.

2 white onions, diced  and cooked down on low heat for 90 minutes.

6 chopped red potatoes, tossed in olive oil and fresh rosemary, roasted for 90 minutes.

1 can crushed tomatoes, 3 cans water

Combine ingredients into large pot

Added 1 cup frozen peas

Salt, pepper, a few shakes of Habanero sauce

Get in

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Going for a tandoori mixed grill at a new place tomorrow before an afternoon session.

@Xela @mottaloo i’ll Let you know what it’s like.

New Talbot Quinton

Nice. Next to Amber Tavern if i'm not mistaken 

I've been to the New Talbot in Wednesbury and it was excellent. This one is obviously run by the same guys so you should be in for a treat :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Xela said:

Nice. Next to Amber Tavern if i'm not mistaken 

I've been to the New Talbot in Wednesbury and it was excellent. This one is obviously run by the same guys so you should be in for a treat :)

@mikeyp102 - nice one ! Don't forget to put on a couple of pics as i like to visualise a "frenzy of meat".....and it'll give @Xela another chance to use his Kenneth Williams pic ;)

• Like 1

I went to Marco Pierre Whites bardolino place in the cube on Friday for a Italian afternoon tea.

Came with fizz.. which was a flat glass of asti. 

And the food was shit, apart from a tiny chocolate brownie.

Whilst i didnt anticipate a great deal, it was actually much worse.  I don't understand why a supposedly prestigious place would get people in via Groupon (gift) and put them off going back and paying top dollar, when their offerings for small afternoon teas are so rubbish.  

Just seems nonsensical to me.

We bought a decent bottle of red to go with it though, which was quite nice.

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I went to Marco Pierre Whites bardolino place in the cube on Friday for a Italian afternoon tea.

Whilst i didnt anticipate a great deal, it was actually much worse.  I don't understand why a supposedly prestigious place would get people in via Groupon (gift) and put them off going back and paying top dollar, when their offerings for small afternoon teas are so rubbish.  

Stick to the Toby Carvery you commoner! 

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Weird, I took my mom there for afternoon tea before Christmas and it was really good. 

58 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Weird, I took my mom there for afternoon tea before Christmas and it was really good. 

No, no - it was shit.

Italian ham wrapped smooth guacamole? Just tasted of guacamole. 

A slider burger with bacon? The patty was tasteless, unseasoned mince with a nice piece of bacon.  4/10 And it was 2 mouthfuls in size.

Sweet potato fries which tasted of nothing but sweet grease.

Stale bruscetta (sp) with a cut in half mini tomato, a bit of onion and drizzled in olive oil, boring and tasteless.

Olives were ok.

Brownie was nice. Lemon tarte was alright and the cheesecake was rubbish too.

Dunno what the shot of red stuff was but it tasted like weak strawberry squash.

Maybe it was a bad night to go..?

Friday at 5pm.  I expected a lot more.. even for a Groupon present (which it was).

9 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

No, no - it was shit.

Italian ham wrapped smooth guacamole? Just tasted of guacamole. 

A slider burger with bacon? The patty was tasteless, unseasoned mince with a nice piece of bacon.  4/10 And it was 2 mouthfuls in size.

Sweet potato fries which tasted of nothing but sweet grease.

Stale bruscetta (sp) with a cut in half mini tomato, a bit of onion and drizzled in olive oil, boring and tasteless.

Olives were ok.

Brownie was nice. Lemon tarte was alright and the cheesecake was rubbish too.

Dunno what the shot of red stuff was but it tasted like weak strawberry squash.

Maybe it was a bad night to go..?

Friday at 5pm.  I expected a lot more.. even for a Groupon present (which it was).

Oh we just had the classic afternoon tea. Cakes and sandwiches. It was decent. 

Ive eaten there at night though and whilst it was a very good steak, it wasn’t anything special. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Ive eaten there at night though and whilst it was a very good steak, it wasn’t anything special. 

Have you tried the steaks at Gaucho?

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I have not

They are excellent, going from my one experience there. Not been to the Brum one but they'll all be the same I would imagine, 

Recommended. 

Â