What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

• 2 weeks later...

Got some Korean style burger dressing for yesterday’s BBQ. Heavenly. Don’t quite know how this nectar of the gods has been a secret to me all my life.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Got some Korean style burger dressing for yesterday’s BBQ. Heavenly. Don’t quite know how this nectar of the gods has been a secret to me all my life.

Elaborate @El Zen please. My daughter loves a bar b q and korean food. This sounds ideal. Whats the brand etc?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Elaborate @El Zen please. My daughter loves a bar b q and korean food. This sounds ideal. Whats the brand etc?

image.jpeg.d30053cc0f79bce77cb13535b67ef92e.jpeg
Just from my nearest supermarket, their own brand. You obviously won’t get the exact same, but probably something very similar. 

• Thanks 1

I went French yesterday and cooked chicken provencal 

Chicken in thyme, salt, pepper, fried, then garlic, no onions cos the wife doesn't like them, no whote wine cos we don't drink it, bit of Worcestershire, chicken stock, rosemary and parsley, then throw in some black olives 

It was OK, wouldn't rush to do it again

I'm OK with spices but not clued up on herbs, need to learn, for example tonight I'm probably going to do a simple pasta in a cream and mushroom sauce, I'll put some black pepper in there but then I'll probably reach for the chilli flakes and the paprika whereas I feel like I should be going for something green 

My local is having different vendors in for the England matches and for the Croatia game he had a southern fried chicken thingy in which was spot on (see my dirty fries below)

I also had some tenders on their own and it came with maple syrup. I’ve seen this referred to on American tv programmes but always thought I’d sounded disgusting. Tried it however and it was absolutely delicious 😋 

8AD1278D-B393-438E-898A-9FBCCAE8FB18.jpeg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I went French yesterday and cooked chicken provencal 

Chicken in thyme, salt, pepper, fried, then garlic, no onions cos the wife doesn't like them, no whote wine cos we don't drink it, bit of Worcestershire, chicken stock, rosemary and parsley, then throw in some black olives 

It was OK, wouldn't rush to do it again

I'm OK with spices but not clued up on herbs, need to learn, for example tonight I'm probably going to do a simple pasta in a cream and mushroom sauce, I'll put some black pepper in there but then I'll probably reach for the chilli flakes and the paprika whereas I feel like I should be going for something green 

Thyme with chicken, mushroom and cream. Will blow you away, trust me. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up 2 more flying goose sauces, hoi sin which isn't a chilli but incredible stuff and then the added coconut which I only tried a tiny bit on a cheese sandwich but it wasbt as coconutty as I would have liked 

Subject change... Anyone tried the 3 new cadburys flavours? 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Subject change... Anyone tried the 3 new cadburys flavours? 

I comfortably polished off the Banoffee one, it's one of my favourite desserts. As a dairy milk bar, it's OK, heavy on the banana and nut, not a lot with regards to fudge / caramel. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Slightly off topic but what kind of cook am I?

I’m the kind of cook that sets out to make beans on toast and 10 minutes later I’m tackling a bin fire.

Congratulations on your promotion to the government role of sorting out post Brexit arrangements. 

• Like 1

Just had a packet of Walkers Steak and Ale Pie special edition flavour. 

If they haven't just put standard beef and onion flavour in a different bag my name is Mickey Mouse. 

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

If you'd not said both egg and pineapple I'd have been judgemental 

I'm hoping bbq sauce was a given 

Nah, ketchup for the chips. 

Being in the north west, i'm surprised it wasn't covered in gravy. 

• Like 1

Â