What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

Had a new for me last night after the football, beef kebab with a side of chips 

I get my kebab here in a wrap because I'm not a big fan of the bread they use (not pitta) plus they do a thing here where they put loads of fancy salads and sauces in there when I just want meat (kw) 

Anyway... The chips were shit, maybe ate about a quarter of them, freshly cooked and crispy but dry as a bone and almost hollow rather than fluffy potato 

The kebab was great, the beef was drier and less fatty / oily than usual kebab meat, I think they actually made the wrap fresh and that was beautiful, really high quality 

10€ for the pair was crazy steep though, paid 6€ for a normal kebab and chips after the Germany game

I've now done all the kebab shops that have caught my eye in town, the best is probably the one owned by podolski although the place from last night is a restaurant too and I think if I did it properly I'd find something even better there 

5 hours ago, Xela said:

Nah, ketchup for the chips. 

Being in the north west, i'm surprised it wasn't covered in gravy. 

Only if you had the fish course...

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

About to grill out some hamburgers, hot dogs,chicken,etc to celebrate July 4th😁

And Happy July 4th to any other Americans on here👍🇺🇸

Oh yeah, go on.  Rub our noses in it why don't you 🤪

• Like 1

Bit of an 'if it's' dinner. 

Beans on toast, chicken nuggets and broccoli (wife demanded some vegetables be included and apparently beans don't count). 

Strangely kinda worked. 

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Beans on toast, chicken nuggets and broccoli

55 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Atul Kochhar, chicken tikka masala pie with Berry compote

Its a broad church here at VT towers when it comes to food! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Do you remember back in the times when there was this pandemic thing? Yeah? Well I bought some foods to put in the cupboard, 'cus y'know self isolation might be necessary n'that.

So now the virus has all gone like Prime Minister Bunter said, I thought I'd eat my emergency Fray Bentos pie. Cheese and Onion (none of that nasty gristle stuff). Just cooking it now.

Should I make gravy? I think not - maybe brown sauce with peas and Jersey spuds.

Got a curry one for tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, blandy said:

Do you remember back in the times when there was this pandemic thing? Yeah? Well I bought some foods to put in the cupboard, 'cus y'know self isolation might be necessary n'that.

So now the virus has all gone like Prime Minister Bunter said, I thought I'd eat my emergency Fray Bentos pie. Cheese and Onion (none of that nasty gristle stuff). Just cooking it now.

Should I make gravy? I think not - maybe brown sauce with peas and Jersey spuds.

I thought you had tartare sauce with your pies ? 😉

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Put it on a pizza. Can’t beat a Fray Bentos pizza. Even better, get two pizzas and use one upside down like the top of a sandwich.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Oh and then batter and deep fry the whole lot, then smother it in curry sauce. Bottom pizza should ideally be donner meat and the top one four cheese.

You dirty, **** fat bastard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Oh and then batter and deep fry the whole lot, then smother it in curry sauce. Bottom pizza should ideally be donner meat and the top one four cheese.

So no chips with it then?

Â