What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Chinese Takeaway Cookbook by Kwoklyn Wan 

very good indeed and available on Amazon! 

i was going to say that Gok's book and Tv show was surprisingly good, had no idea that they were brothers

his book is called gok cooks chinese

39 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i was going to say that Gok's book and Tv show was surprisingly good, had no idea that they were brothers

his book is called gok cooks chinese

Yes I believe Koklyn Wan is Gok’s brother.

it’s a decent little cookbook with takeaway style food recipes without the MSG! Only did the bbq pork and the Chinese curry recipes from it the other day for Chinese New Year.

8 hours ago, Nath182 said:

Cheers, have ordered a copy!

You wont regret it mate. Loads and loads of recipes from the usual favourites to the more adventurous dishes..........once i could be bothered to prep that base sauce then i was sorted - there's even parts in the book where they tell you how to blend spices & pastes too.

If you like your curries, then give this book the time it deserves

• Like 2

Cooking some polenta at the moment. The package says I can either cook it on low heat for 5-6 hours or on high for 90 minutes. Not sure what the difference might be, but I've opted for the long haul. I'm going to mix in some grated Parmesan and chopped cilantro.

8 hours ago, theboyangel said:

food recipes without the MSG

I've recently read that MSG isn't the evil that we all once thought it was. It does contain less sodium than soy sauce, so better for people with high blood pressure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I've recently read that MSG isn't the evil that we all once thought it was. It does contain less sodium than soy sauce, so better for people with high blood pressure.

I wasn't aware of that. If on the very rare occasion I actually have a Chinese takeaway I always wake up in the middle on the night with a mouth like the Gobi desert. 

• Like 2

On 17/02/2021 at 13:56, It's Your Round said:

I picked some interesting sauce last week from Aldi. It’s mango and mint, basically a green mango chutney with mint and habanero pepper. It’s hot but sweet, and goes well on a chicken and spinach wrap. 

Had a look for it today but didn't find it apart from the (apparently) usual mango chutney. 

Do you have a pic or name/brand for it please ?

22 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Had a look for it today but didn't find it apart from the (apparently) usual mango chutney. 

Do you have a pic or name/brand for it please ?

On reflection, it looks like I bought it in Asda or Tesco, I’m in supermarkets that often they all just merge together!

Anyway, it’s this stuff... 

EC73BD1B-E01A-46E4-912A-ED7EC6BFBC91.jpeg

Edited by It's Your Round
That’s not a serving suggestion, the photo won’t rotate!
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

On reflection, it looks like I bought it in Asda or Tesco, I’m in supermarkets that often they all just merge together!

Anyway, it’s this stuff... 

EC73BD1B-E01A-46E4-912A-ED7EC6BFBC91.jpeg

Thanks mate !

Monthly special at burger King here, double cheesy bacon lover 

Double burger, bacon, fresh onion, crispy onions, bbq sauce, loads of gherkins, 3 slices of cheese and then a cold tub of liquid cheese to pour over the top

With a side of cheesy bacon fries

I'm in heaven 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Monthly special at burger King here, double cheesy bacon lover 

Double burger, bacon, fresh onion, crispy onions, bbq sauce, loads of gherkins, 3 slices of cheese and then a cold tub of liquid cheese to pour over the top

With a side of cheesy bacon fries

I'm in heaven 

You’ll be in heart surgery with many more of them! 😂 

sounds calorific and horrific! 

cannot remember the last Burger King I had, must be 20+ years ago. 

31 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

You’ll be in heart surgery with many more of them! 😂 

sounds calorific and horrific! 

cannot remember the last Burger King I had, must be 20+ years ago. 

Worth it

I'm getting close to a year with no McDonald's, I only do the specials menu now and to be honest more than anything McDonald's is boring, so is KFC most of the time 

Burgers are my take away of choice, done most of the independent ones by me with a varying degree of success, not a massive take away eater but Febs been a bad month with he wife's birthday, think today was my 3rd or 4th, none in Jan 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

homemade gray peas

will not let me stick a photo up 

Gray pays ?

Uh uuuh....yam yam alert ? No wonder you can understand Eddie on radio wm so well 😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Gray pays ?

Uh uuuh....yam yam alert ? No wonder you can understand Eddie on radio wm so well 😂

The Mrs side, not me

farting like a trooper now

mate

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 2

Â