What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

7 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Lamb,  green lentils and king prawns with garlic and spicy smoked harrisa, one chopped onion and 400 ml of lamb stock 

Takes about 15 minutes to prepare but better for sitting

Delicious, if you want the recipe let me know

Join us for next week's episode of "Follyfoot on Food" 

Edited by sidcow

7 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

A brave choice for breakfast but each to their own.

People need to understand that beer is so much more than just a breakfast drink. 

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I’ve just given my meat a thorough beating to prepare. 

It was a brazen and rather pathetic plea for a KW but what the hey 

giphy.gif

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

#MeatFreeMonday so I’m having a steak dinner tonight.

I’ve just given my meat a thorough beating to prepare. Now I should tenderise the steak.

Chefs ‘special’ salty sauce ?

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Or a pre-made pizza. 

I want to make my own with actual toppings on instead of a smear of tomato sauce and a sprinkling of cheese. 

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

Anyone make their own pizzas? Just wondering if pre made bases are better than buying pizza base mix and making it yourself? 

We make our own - they don’t have all the excessive salt and baking powder the likes of Dominos rely on but you can make a really nice thin crust quite easily.

the secret to homemade pizza is not to over top it! 

8 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

We make our own - they don’t have all the excessive salt and baking powder the likes of Dominos rely on but you can make a really nice thin crust quite easily.

the secret to homemade pizza is not to over top it! 

Do you use a mix or pre made base? 

3 hours ago, Big Salad said:

I have been wanting to make some good homemade beef stew but not sure the best way to go about it.

Any suggestions as far as the ingredients? Spices? Etc?

Thanks gents.

Worcestershire Sauce...... Lots of it. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Big Salad said:

I have been wanting to make some good homemade beef stew but not sure the best way to go about it.

Any suggestions as far as the ingredients? Spices? Etc?

Thanks gents.

Bay leaves, garlic, Worcester sauce, tomato paste and then a.n.other green herb of your choice, veg is usually the usual 3 celery, onion, carrot but you could try fennel if you like the flavour and want it slightly different, sprinkle of chilli flakes and then I'm not a red wine man but usually that would be in there somewhere, beef stock obviously 

Super dark chocolate towards the end if you want to add some bitterness 

Personally I like Hungarian goulash which goes heavily down the paprika route and more tomatoes 

Also as a suggestion to go way out there... If you've got some good stewing beef make a thai massaman curry 

• Thanks 1

On 31/08/2021 at 09:54, sidcow said:

I want to make my own with actual toppings on instead of a smear of tomato sauce and a sprinkling of cheese. 

I know it's not quite the same, but Sainsburys (and probably other supermarkets) so a takeaway pizza sort of thing now. But you go in and pick what you want and they make it in front of you. A bit like subway I guess but with pizza. They cook it and everything and you get it in a takeaway box.

I've only tried it once but it was bloody lovely and about half the price of an actual takeaway. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I know it's not quite the same, but Sainsburys (and probably other supermarkets) so a takeaway pizza sort of thing now. But you go in and pick what you want and they make it in front of you. A bit like subway I guess but with pizza. They cook it and everything and you get it in a takeaway box.

I've only tried it once but it was bloody lovely and about half the price of an actual takeaway. 

Always perplexed me this one, why would I want them to actually cook my pizza, by the time its got home, its colder and solidified. I'd rather have it freshly cooked at home. Pizza takes about ten mins to cook so I don't get it.

EDIT: I don't know why Takeaway pizza places don't offer you their pizzas in uncooked form, so you can cook them yourselves. As an option obviously

Â