Ashley Young (Man Utd)

Villan4Life

Pretty much the only exciting English player since Gascoigne

:crylaugh:

You found the smileys, good for you

I gather you don't think there's been any exciting player then

Joe Cole? Paul Scholes? David Beckham? Theo Walcott? Wayne Rooney? Just a quick few.

I think the whole world would laugh at the reasonably talented, but remarkably average Ashley Young being even mentioned in the same breath as the enigmatic genius that was Paul Gascoigne.

Joe Cole? Paul Scholes? David Beckham? Theo Walcott? Wayne Rooney? Just a quick few.

Rooney Beckham and Scholes are obviously better players than Young, as for Cole, not even close. I would not call any of them exciting thou. Maybee that is because they never played for a club i care for.

Never said he was as good as Gascoigne, i said i think he was exciting.

Edited by sne

• 8 months later...

I think you have to be pretty dumb to not want him back. He's a level above our current attacking midfielders, he'd walk into our first team and improve it instantly. 

The fact that we have a lack of quality attacking midfielders at the moment isn't an argument for getting Young, it's an argument for getting a quality attacking midfielder. I know I don't want him back.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

It's a tough one for me.

Loved Young first time around but I'm not sure it would work out here 2nd time around with him coming up to 30 and having maybe lost that spark from failing a bit at Man. United.

Different case on Milner, he'd still be brilliant if he came back again such is his mindset but that is a remote one.