Ashley Young (Man Utd)

Villan4Life

I find it a little sad to be honest that some people are consistently happy to constantly moan, slag off, put down and complain about the players that are here; that are putting in a shift for the club and pretty much give 100%, yet when a link to this odious, cheating, complete toe-rag comes around, the same people are not only queuing up to tug him off, but also using it as another opportunity to have a pop at the current playing squad.

Harsh, and unfounded. He's a top bloke

• Like 1

This is one of the very few players we have had in recent years that, when he got the ball, I always felt he might do something special.

He was brilliant for us, including the diving, and certainly gave his all for the Villa while he was with us.

You must realise that these guys are professionals, doing a job, usually with no affiliation with the club that pays their wages, and all you can really expect is that they give their all for that club.

• Like 2

I find it a little sad to be honest that some people are consistently happy to constantly moan, slag off, put down and complain about the players that are here; that are putting in a shift for the club and pretty much give 100%, yet when a link to this odious, cheating, complete toe-rag comes around, the same people are not only queuing up to tug him off, but also using it as another opportunity to have a pop at the current playing squad.

Your lack of self-awareness and irony is staggering.

I will never get why some fans love players who dives recklessly into two footed challenges and play brutal no finess football but at the same time hates technical players who sometime dives and deem them as the worst kind of cheaters.

I loved Ashley Young when he played for us, think it's a shame he didn't work out at Man U. Pretty much the only exciting English player since Gascoigne

• Like 2

This is one of the very few players we have had in recent years that, when he got the ball, I always felt he might do something special.

Sure, I remember when he used to get the ball...I'd stand up at the back of the holte with my hands cupped ready to catch it...

• Like 2

I'm afraid you'll have to explain that love

• Like 2

I'm afraid you'll have to explain that love

Ha. Classic.

Sure, I remember when he used to get the ball...I'd stand up at the back of the holte with my hands cupped ready to catch it...

Well, you must be doing that a lot more now with the present lot.

I used to rate him when he was playing for us. But when he was coming to the the end of his Villa tenure, he became a too big headed and always thought he was better than he actually was. Though we stopped seeing the quality towards the end of his contract.

Also I hated how he used to circle his name of the back of his shirt when he scored rather than give the repaect to the badge like others.

I hope he gets a ban but footballers tend to get away with these things.

he got points for doing 100. anyone else its an instant ban.

Not true, my mate got 6 points for doing well in excess of 100mph although his average clocked by the old bill was 105mph.

Pretty much the only exciting English player since Gascoigne

:crylaugh:

You found the smileys, good for you

I gather you don't think there's been any exciting player then

Edited by sne

He was brilliant for us, including the diving, and certainly gave his all for the Villa while he was with us.

You must realise that these guys are professionals, doing a job, usually with no affiliation with the club that pays their wages, and all you can really expect is that they give their all for that club.

I agree

I always used to remember him marauding down the wing and all four stands would stood up because they could sense he was going to make something happen

Him and Gabby used to play well together and had a good understanding they used to double up sometimes on fullbacks i can't remember a game since where we have done this effectively since he's left

Like all players they start to age and i don't think he will ever be as good as he was with us he's in decline but i'd still have him back here in a heartbeat especially given our current wide options Tonev Weimann and Albrighton

That goal against Everton away as well was awesome one of the best smash and grabs i have ever seen ill never forget the look on Friedel's face as he put it away

Edited by AshVilla