Ashley Young (Man Utd)

Villan4Life

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2523806/THE-FOOTBALL-GRAPEVINE-Young-lined-Villa-return-Barkley-commit-future-Everton.html

Ashley Young could move back to Aston Villa in January.

Young returned to Manchester United’s starting line-up for the first time in six weeks in Tuesday’s win over Shakhtar Donetsk.

He may feature against Villa on Sunday but as David Moyes’ plans to regenerate parts of his squad in January, Young is one of the players who is set to leave and his former club would be interested in taking him back.

Newcastle and Everton will also monitor the situation. Young left Villa for United in 2011 for around £18million.

He got off to a good start and became an England regular. Indeed he played in all four matches at Euro 2012.

But a combination of a loss of form, fitness and constant controversy over allegations of diving has seen Young drift completely out of the international picture.

There is a still a remote chance the 28-year-old, who has won 30 caps and scored seven goals, could force his way back into contention for a place in the World Cup squad, not least given his versatility as a winger or second striker.

But that could only happen if he was to start playing on a regular basis and that doesn’t look likely to happen at United.

At a fee in the region of £8m, Young would represent a good buy and Villa are likely to lead the way.

He will not come back, and I don't want him back following that dive against us last season. The man is a disgrace. And not as good as he was when he was here.

Edited by R.I.C.O.
  • Like 2

Idle speculation. I wouldn't think we would have the £8m to start with. Then there's the wages we couldn't afford to pay him.

I'm not sure I'd want him back anyway. Good player and better than what we have, but I don't think he's the player he was a couple of years ago.

He will not come back, and I don't want him back following that dive against us last season. The man is a disgrace. And not as good as he was when he was here.

I agree. Big no from me. Money would be better used elsewhere.

• Like 1

Would he walk into our team? Yes, pretty much in every position except GK!

Would he want to come here? Of course not, going back would be an admittance of failure and that's hard to take for footballers. Will probably leave for another club in the Premier League.

• Like 1

I would have agreed with you wholeheartedly a few months back. But right now I'd take him in a heartbeat. He is definitely worse than he was but he is still at least twice as good as Weimann and Albrighton.

I'd pay £5m tops for him but if we could bring him in then do it. I'd have taken Downing and Barry back when we had the chance as well.

And yes he is a cheating, hateful little shit who screwed us over. But if that's who we need to improve then fine.

• Like 1

I would have agreed with you wholeheartedly a few months back. But right now I'd take him in a heartbeat. He is definitely worse than he was but he is still at least twice as good as Weimann and Albrighton.

I'd pay £5m tops for him but if we could bring him in then do it. I'd have taken Downing and Barry back when we had the chance as well.

And yes he is a cheating, hateful little shit who screwed us over. But if that's who we need to improve then fine.

I'd say there are better prospects out there if we can spend £5m, in my opinion. Especially if we can pay the wages of Ashley Young, which I am pretty sure we can't.