Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

2-0 18% possession. Delph and Benteke.

3 Shots for 12 against

2 corners for 6 against

11 Fouls for 4 against

If Villa actually conceded 82% of the possession the opponent and only faced 12 shots that'd be the biggest miracle of all.

If we win 4-0 we'll go above united right before we play them next week. Get it done lads :P

I'll take any win today and then beat them next week to go above them
True but we haven't thrashed a team since the 6-1 last season against Sunderland. And Fulham are terrible atm, especially with it being an away game, the chance to go above the champions before we play them, I'm hoping for a thrashing against Fulham. 4-0!

With the new manager and unlucky to lose to spurs this could be a tricky tie as they'll be fired up. This could play into our counter attacking hands though.

Think it'll be 433

Guzan

Lowton baker Clark bacuna

Kea Westwood Delph

Andi Benteke gabby

I think this is going to be an awful game to watch, lots of hoofs and very little passages of play from both teams

If Vlaar was playing I'd say we had a chance to nick it

But the inevitable line up of Lowton baker Clark and Bacuna is a terrible one

I'm hoping now for a 1-1 but I'm expecting a defeat

I really wish Fulham had won a couple of games recently because we really do love to end opponents losing streaks

Can understand from Lambert's perspective it seeming harsh to drop Kozak after he scored but... I don't think he's got the right attributes to play away, can score but is dire at holding the ball up compared to Benteke.

Rather be playing them with Jol in charge tbh. He was having issues, where a change of circumstances can always have a instant change of fortunes.

Still think we might sneak it, though. Usually a tight game, but we might have the edge in firepower.

Can understand from Lambert's perspective it seeming harsh to drop Kozak after he scored but... I don't think he's got the right attributes to play away, can score but is dire at holding the ball up compared to Benteke.

Yes thats the thing. Kozak scored and all credit to him but his hold up play is poor compared to Benteke's and he doesn't win as many headers. 

If Benteke has any niggles with injury, I'd rather he was on the bench with a view to coming on in the second half if we need him.

Otherwise keep him fresh for the Man U game.  Plus it would be harsh on Kozak after his goal at Southampton.  Without Hangelaand, I think Fulham will find it difficult to cope with his physicality.

I'm more worried about our back 4 (or 5) coping with their attacking players.  As this is the Villa, I expect Berba to have an outstanding game today. Watching Rooney against Everton last week, I said to myself that if that was against us, all those half chances would fly into the net. Don't know what it is about us, be we never seem able to capitalise on good opportunities like today.

No clue at all what to expect.