Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

Really disappointed about Lowton. Many on here were saying if he continued progressing as he did last season he might eventually get an England call up. No idea what has happened with him. 

It is surely going to be a case of who can score more today because our defence looks very shakey - reminiscent of Christmas period last year. That was the last time I remember Herd in the backline. Not good.

This game would've been perfect for Lowton. What's he gotta to get a game?

Win a header against an opposition forward

This. Think Lambert is probably thinking that he'd rather have some lads in the box, especially from set pieces, who can win some headers.

Really disappointed about Lowton. Many on here were saying if he continued progressing as he did last season he might eventually get an England call up. No idea what has happened with him. 

It is surely going to be a case of who can score more today because our defence looks very shakey - reminiscent of Christmas period last year. That was the last time I remember Herd in the backline. Not good.

Have you seen Lowton this season ? - granted he was great last season - but he has been woeful in his full games this season 

Seriously, why so shocked about Lowton?

Bacuna was always going to be picked at RB ahead of him - and Lambert was arguably never going to play Lowton at CB in a 4-man backline.

From AVFC facebook page:

Libor Kozak misses out, along with injured duo Ron Vlaar and Antonio Luna.

Almost suggests Kozak is not injured like Vlaar and Luna...

How? It lists them all in the same sentence.

He's injured. Nothing to see here.

Maybe we are indeed going 3-4-3 when attacking or 5-2-3 when defending.

Guzan

Herd Clark Baker

Bacuna KEA Westwood Delph

Weimann Benteke Gabby

Very attack minded if we are going that way!

Yes i think that could be the formation. No way will Herd play cb in a back 4.So either left back or part of a back 3.

From AVFC facebook page:

Libor Kozak misses out, along with injured duo Ron Vlaar and Antonio Luna.

Almost suggests Kozak is not injured like Vlaar and Luna...

How? It lists them all in the same sentence.

He's injured. Nothing to see here.

Maybe I am reading too much into it but I'm not sure you can say 'nothing to see here'. Would the sentence not say injured trio...

Not saying Lowton has been great this season at all - he has been poor - but for me a fully match fit Chris Herd fills me with caution, let alone a rusty Chris Herd. Hope he proves me wrong, and out attack is at the races.

Lambert spends all week telling the press how he will start using fringe players over the busy December period. Puts a fringe player in against probably the weakest opposition we will play over said period. Everyone is shocked. 

Added to that, I like Lowton, but he was defensively poor against Southampton.