Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

I think this is going to be an awful game to watch, lots of hoofs and very little passages of play from both teams

If Vlaar was playing I'd say we had a chance to nick it

But the inevitable line up of Lowton baker Clark and Bacuna is a terrible one

I'm hoping now for a 1-1 but I'm expecting a defeat

I really wish Fulham had won a couple of games recently because we really do love to end opponents losing streaks

What would be a surprise is you predicting a positive Villa result before ANY game.  :P

Rather be playing them with Jol in charge tbh. He was having issues, where a change of circumstances can always have a instant change of fortunes.

Still think we might sneak it, though. Usually a tight game, but we might have the edge in firepower.

We're better against teams that come at us. Jol's team were low on confidence and would have sat back and been afraid to lose and we would have been unable to break them down. Under a new manager they will come at us and we can do what we do best, which is to be out played, out classed but win! 

We've only lost 1, yes 1 game away from home this season and that was against Chelsea at the Bridge, a game that we probably should have won if not got a point from.

We won't lose today.

But Southampton hadn't lost at home before they played us. Football isn't that straight forward.

I think this is going to be an awful game to watch, lots of hoofs and very little passages of play from both teams

If Vlaar was playing I'd say we had a chance to nick it

But the inevitable line up of Lowton baker Clark and Bacuna is a terrible one

I'm hoping now for a 1-1 but I'm expecting a defeat

I really wish Fulham had won a couple of games recently because we really do love to end opponents losing streaks

What would be a surprise is you predicting a positive Villa result before ANY game. :P

As would be u not waiting in anticipation for my negative prediction and commenting on it :)

We've only lost 1, yes 1 game away from home this season and that was against Chelsea at the Bridge, a game that we probably should have won if not got a point from.

We won't lose today.

But Southampton hadn't lost at home before they played us. Football isn't that straight forward.

Southampton were playing against a team who had only lost 1 game away from home though. Today we're against a team that has lost 8 games in their last 10, Hangeland is out injured, they've lost 6 on the bounce. If anything maybe they'll get a draw, but I don't understand what evidence points to us being ruled as losers?

Lawro thinks we'll lose, even Merson on Sky is saying playing against us is the start of their season now. Talk about writing us off for no reason!

Edited by samjp26