Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

This season it seems every other game somebody gets injured within 24 hours before the game and doesn't even make the bench

Glad Benteke is back though

If Fulhams forward line aren't at the races then we have a chance

If they play well we concede 3 or 4 coz that back four of ours is nothing short of a liability

I can only conclude Kozak is injured. Else no-one with a brain would pick *not even good enough for our U17 team* Helenius ahead of Kozak, imho.

And *fingers crossed* Herd will shine for the first team.

I think 4-3-3 is ambitious, but personally I'd rather seen a 4-4-2 or even 3-5-2 again ..

Without Vlaar, we need all the players in defence, we can get, if we are to get a result. *worried* *still selling this one for a boring boring draw*

Edited by Villain4Life

Don't expect a result today with that defense, it's perfect for Berbatov to have his one game of the season so the London press can write something tomorrow morning. Not too fussed though, I'd be happy with a draw given the circumstances.

Really hope we stuff them, pundits writing us off left right and centre.

Typical london media bias

You would think we were the side who hadn't won for 7 games what a joke

Edited by AshVilla

We've only lost 1, yes 1 game away from home this season and that was against Chelsea at the Bridge, a game that we probably should have won if not got a point from.

We won't lose today.

But Southampton hadn't lost at home before they played us. Football isn't that straight forward.

Southampton were playing against a team who had only lost 1 game away from home though. Today we're against a team that has lost 8 games in their last 10, Hangeland is out injured, they've lost 6 on the bounce. If anything maybe they'll get a draw, but I don't understand what evidence points to us being ruled as losers?

Lawro thinks we'll lose, even Merson on Sky is saying playing against us is the start of their season now. Talk about writing us off for no reason!

I get what you are saying... I just know I have seen this from Villa so many times. Players get their first goals... teams break their ducks.. Newcastle at VP last year for their first (and last?) away win for example. Plus we are poor without Vlaar and cannot defend. :(

Really hope we stuff them, pundits writing us off left right and centre.

Typical london media bias

You would think we were the side who hadn't won for 7 games what a joke

Exactly, that section that Sky just did on Berbatov sums it up. How can you bang on about Berbatov being the danger man with a bunch of clips showing him MISS the goal. 

Team A (Home): Lost 6 games in a row, hasn't won for 7 games, 'best striker' has scored 1 goal all season. Currently 19th in the league.

Team B (Away): Unbeaten in 5 games, have only lost 1 away game all season. Currently 10th in the league.

Favourites to win across a wide spectrum of pundits? Team A!

Not sure if serious.