Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

Fulham 2-2 Aston Villa

Kasami 6 Riether 26og

Ruiz 90+2 Agbonlahor 37

You need to be a bit more precise with your predictions mate

Rightyho

Fulham snatched a last gasp against Aston Villa at Craven Cottage.

It was Fulham who went ahead with their first attack as Kasami's fierce shot inside the near post from 25 yards beat Guzan.

The visitors equalised in the 26th minute when Agbonlahor latched onto a Kozak flick, racing past Riether and bundling home via a deflection from the full back.

And Villa found themselves ahead after 37 minutes, Agbonlahor slamming home from 12 yards out after a neat cut-back from Delph.

Fulham pressed hard without much end product in an uninspired second half with Riise and Sidwell smashing wildly over when well positioned after corners were only half cleared.

But Villa were to be denied a second three point haul in a few days, as Ruiz shattered their resolve with a headed winner after the 90-minute mark had ticked by.

Guzan, Lowton, Baker, Clark, Bacuna, El Ahmadi, Westwood, Delph #90, Weimann (Sylla 80), Agbonlahor, Kozak (Benteke 64)

I pretty much copy and pasted that but just changed the names, haha. Well if it happens call me Jesus.

Edit: and it shows- headed equaliser
Edited by tommo
  • Like 2

I do worry about our defence now that Vlaar and Luna are such doubts. I can only imagine that it'll be Lowton, Baker, Clark and Bacuna at the back. As much as Baker and Clark have upped their games this season, it's still a little unnerving without Vlaar. We'll probably be mostly relying on our forwards here to score first and take the pressure off the back line.

I do worry about our defence now that Vlaar and Luna are such doubts. I can only imagine that it'll be Lowton, Baker, Clark and Bacuna at the back. As much as Baker and Clark have upped their games this season, it's still a little unnerving without Vlaar. We'll probably be mostly relying on our forwards here to score first and take the pressure off the back line.

Yes I think Clark and Baker have grown up since last season so I'm not so worried about them although we will miss Vlaar if he doesn't play.

Bacuna at left back?

Is Bennett still injured?

Has anyone got an opinion on Webb? He played in the preseason, surprised he's not gone on loan

My predictions have been very positive, but I think Villa will lose. Fulhams squad isn't great, but now that they have someone in charge who actually does something besides collect paychecks, they're going to be revitalized, as evidenced by the fact that they honestly deserved to beat Tottenham.

On the other hand Villa are better and lambert is still a top manager. But I'll stick with the defeat. 2-1, benteke scores a consolation as a sub after Nathan baker costs Villa at the back early on.

Tough to call this one. Apparently Fulham were unlucky not to get something against Spurs. Berbatov played his best game of the season, Dejagah and Kacaniklic running beyond him gave them a real threat. Meulensteen definitely has the backing of the fans.

Then again, we're unbeaten in 5 and they have lost 6 (7 inc cup) in a row. Fulham aren't as good as Southampton. Crucially, they have very little pace at the back or in central midfield.

On our side, Vlaar and Luna out is a blow. I would have been pretty confident if we could field the same squad as on Wednesday. But that leaves us with only Bacuna Lowton Clark Baker and Herd as fit defenders (no chance Lambert will throw Donacien in until he's at least been out on loan). So we either change our system to 4 at the back, which will allow Fulham to get in behind us more and have more success around our box, or we stick with 5 but have to play Herd at centre back and Lowton or Bacuna out of position on the left.

The outcome of this game depends entirely on whether Clark and Baker can perform in the absence of Vlaar.

Tough to call this one. Apparently Fulham were unlucky not to get something against Spurs. Berbatov played his best game of the season, Dejagah and Kacaniklic running beyond him gave them a real threat. Meulensteen definitely has the backing of the fans.

Then again, we're unbeaten in 5 and they have lost 6 (7 inc cup) in a row. Fulham aren't as good as Southampton. Crucially, they have very little pace at the back or in central midfield.

On our side, Vlaar and Luna out is a blow. I would have been pretty confident if we could field the same squad as on Wednesday. But that leaves us with only Bacuna Lowton Clark Baker and Herd as fit defenders (no chance Lambert will throw Donacien in until he's at least been out on loan). So we either change our system to 4 at the back, which will allow Fulham to get in behind us more and have more success around our box, or we stick with 5 but have to play Herd at centre back and Lowton or Bacuna out of position on the left.

The outcome of this game depends entirely on whether Clark and Baker can perform in the absence of Vlaar.

Vlaar isn't definately out yet is he?

We've just won 3-2 against a side who were top 6. If Vlaars fit dont change a thing. You don't change a winning team unless you have to. Simples.

Completely disagree. You change your team and tactics to counter your opposition. Fulham wont press anywhere near as high as Southampton so there's little point keeping it the same. 4-3-3.