The Quiz Thread

mjmooney

7 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Bliemy, old Brian from Malvern went and won Mastermind this year (finished second a couple of years ago, I think).

He won the other heat when I won my BoB one in 2014. I think he got to the final that year, too. 

Really nice bloke. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

He won the other heat when I won my BoB one in 2014. I think he got to the final that year, too. 

Really nice bloke. 

I don't know him but I see him about once a year when I go to the AGM of the management company of my mother's flat (he lives in one of the other blocks).

• 4 months later...
8 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Name a UK number 1 single where the lyrics are all questions. *

* the backing singers sing certain parts of those questions as part of the harmony. Those don't count. 

Can you tell us what decade it was, so I'll know whether to bother trying? 

32 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

If your profile details are correct it was a song you heard in the prime of your life. 

OK, in that I case I'll go with "When Will I See You Again?" by The Three Degrees. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Has me largely somewhere between Oxford, Peterborough and Reading. 15 years in Cardiff yet I've in fact gone east of my original birthplace instead dialect wise 😛 I guess that mostly means not many people from Worcester have taken the test

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Looks like they have me down as the West Midlands but with Nottingham and Gloucester being referenced. Split the difference and it’s more or less spot on.

Has me down as Wolves with a bit of Lincoln

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

Feels like the rest of the quiz is pointless when they ask the mom/mum/mam question. Even if you say ‘eejit’, ‘wee-un’, ‘nesh’ or ‘peng’, MOM will always give the game away.

You've got a point but I went for multiple answers on that one and I'm pretty impressed that it placed me in the West Midlands, Bournemouth specifically and London. Three for three.

Â