Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

We are going to sign a 20-23 year old who plays for a team that we think we might have played once in a friendly on Football Manager. This player is going to cost £800k-1.2m but it will be reported at about £4m. He'll improve our team and will prove the doubters wrong (he will inevitably be doubted from the start because the fans of Team We Might Have Played Once In A Friendly On Football Manager F.C. said that he only played on-and-off for them and was only ever average at best).

The following will be said about him:

"He isn't what we need. We need a quality attacking midfielder"

"I don't understand why we signed him? He's like Jordan Bowery"

"Who's Jordan Bowery?"

"I have complete faith in what Lambert is trying to do here. All you who criticise this signing aren't real fans etc"

"Here's a YouTube compilation. He looks good to me"

"He doesn't have a beard, so what's the point."

"We could have put this money towards Hiroshi Kiyotake"

"Seriously guys, who's Jordan Bowery?

I think we can pretty much close the thread now :lol:

So far the links i've seen are:

Pontus Jansson from Malmö FF - Tall defender, turning 23 soon who i've seen quite a lot of and that i think is some way away from being an improvement on what we already have.

Lewis Kidd from Celtic - CM/Defender who i've never seen and know nothing about, but as he's not yet part of the Celtic senior squad im guessing this would be one for the future

Express from September 17th, 2013

ASTON VILLA will make another bid for Bulgarian midfielder Ivelin Popov in January after failing with a move for the player in the most recent transfer window.

Reports in Russia suggest that Villa were the club that showed the greatest interest in signing Popov from Kuban Krasnodar during the offseason but failed to meet the club's asking price for the 25-year-old. According to Izvestia, Popov was willing to join Villa and had accepted personal terms at the club, but a transfer fee was not able to be agreed, with Kuban holding out for £8.4m.

Kuban are reportedly still willing to do business with Villa in the January transfer window if the Villains make an acceptable offer. But Paul Lambert could face competition from a series of Dutch clubs, with PSV, FC Twente and Feyenoord all thought to be interested. There are some doubts about whether Popov would be willing to leave behind the prospect of European football at Kuban to play in the Premier League with Villa, but there is no reason to believe the player's stance has change in the last two months.

Popov joined Kuban from Turkish side Gaziantepspor in 2012, settling in quickly in Russia and scoring 12 goals in 36 appearances from midfield last season.

We are going to sign a 20-23 year old who plays for a team that we think we might have played once in a friendly on Football Manager. This player is going to cost £800k-1.2m but it will be reported at about £4m. He'll improve our team and will prove the doubters wrong (he will inevitably be doubted from the start because the fans of Team We Might Have Played Once In A Friendly On Football Manager F.C. said that he only played on-and-off for them and was only ever average at best).

The following will be said about him:

"He isn't what we need. We need a quality attacking midfielder"

"I don't understand why we signed him? He's like Jordan Bowery"

"Who's Jordan Bowery?"

"I have complete faith in what Lambert is trying to do here. All you who criticise this signing aren't real fans etc"

"Here's a YouTube compilation. He looks good to me"

"He doesn't have a beard, so what's the point."

"We could have put this money towards Hiroshi Kiyotake"

"Seriously guys, who's Jordan Bowery?

"God he's brilliant where did Lambert get him from"

"Hope we can keep him beyond next summer the big clubs are bound to come for him"

"I hate this organic growth model as your best players will always leave"

Fixed for you

• Like 2

Milner,

This!

Not sure if Pellegrini is a fan. Get him back on loan with Citeh's repressive regime image laundering owners picking up a chunk of the wages. If Everton can get Gareth Barry then this could happen.  :excl:

• Like 1

Yeah, Milner back would be great. Would be quite stunned if it happens, though.

What about the new PL-star Peter Whittingham? A great player I've heard, and according to very reliable sources he's desperate to come here and we want him. Not really sure what's taking so long, though...

• Like 1

Â