Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Clasie is a great player. Bit lightweight and in a midfield with Delph may not work. We need a big dominant DM in there as well.

He can spot a pass. Great at set pieces too.

Edited by KSV

I'd wait until 12pm on Friday, then offer Peace £5m take it or leave it for Mulumbu. Exactly what we need. Him and Delph in midfield = awesome.

I said something similar last season when we signed Sylla, that I hoped he'd be our Mulumbu.  He's technically good, can run with the ball and is a tank.

He's a poor man's Yaya Toure.  We're poor men compared to Manchester City.

There’s about 15 things I’m trying to do at the minute. If one comes off then great, if none come off then that’s fine." - Lambert.

14 strikers and one striker who can play in midfield.

Fixed

• Like 3

I'd wait until 12pm on Friday, then offer Peace £5m take it or leave it for Mulumbu. Exactly what we need. Him and Delph in midfield = awesome.

Would be good - WBA would be committing suicide if they took that deal though. 

There’s about 15 things I’m trying to do at the minute. If one comes off then great, if none come off then that’s fine." - Lambert.

14 strikers and one midfielder.

Where the hell are you getting the one midfielder from that quote?

• Like 2

Would be good - WBA would be committing suicide if they took that deal though. 

They're happy to just go up and down. They know they're not winning anything and their fans are happier when they're winning games in the Championship. £5m for them is a lot to keep them solvent.

Ince and holtby ain't coming be realistic we ain't going to spend much

Ince is going out on loan, so Blackpool can recoup a loan fee before he leaves for a free in the Summer and Holtby is a **** steal at 5m (edit he is expected to leave on loan before Friday), probably the answer to our number 10 problem since Milner left for City in 2010.

Edited by Avflife
  • Like 1

I'm not a scout or a football manager but I fail to see at this point in time what the point of bringing in any player that offers either nothing different from what we have or a player in any position that is no better than what we have.

We have a full squad now, the unwanted players are almost all gone now is the time to spend nothing rather than spend for the sake of it.

If what I have thought since Lambert came is right we should be buying more expensive players this summer (same budget as always but many less players needed) if that doesn't pan out and either we don't get the same money to spend I'll moan about Randy if Lambert goes and buys like he has previously (but this time needlessly) I'll moan about him.

I'm not a scout or a football manager but I fail to see at this point in time what the point of bringing in any player that offers either nothing different from what we have or a player in any position that is no better than what we have.

We have a full squad now, the unwanted players are almost all gone now is the time to spend nothing rather than spend for the sake of it.

If what I have thought since Lambert came is right we should be buying more expensive players this summer (same budget as always but many less players needed) if that doesn't pan out and either we don't get the same money to spend I'll moan about Randy if Lambert goes and buys like he has previously (but this time needlessly) I'll moan about him.

we all agree im sure.. but were just hoping we have a bit of money to buy that player that improves our starting side.. especially in midfield. Many of us will be disappointed with a cheap signing that doesnt improve the starting line up.. just as you say.. whats the point?

Â