Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I used to love it when we had money to spend on players....all the speculation running riot and being fairly confident of the layer we was working in would bring up some decent improvements.

now I'm frightened to death.. almost at the point of hoping we havn't got any in a paradox sort of way, I get a sort of comfort from it...just the way its got me, I have lost all faith that we have the ability to spend it wisely.

just waiting for names to give me another bout of cringing.

Edited by TRO

I have a 2000 word essay due in on Friday, struggling to even look at it for more than 15 minutes without refreshing this page.

Ha just come back next Monday nothing will have happened. The majority of the posts are the wonderings of one or two's imaginations and a load of toss off twitter. Get your essay completed! It will be less frustrating!!

If we signed CR7, Messi, and Ribery in one afternoon I'd be straight back on here to read bullshit tweets about who's next ;-)

They would not fit in to our sophistcated/complex style of play and would not meet the "young & hungry" criteria.

sorry guys.

It's funny isn't it that a few years ago when we signed Fabian Delph we were in competitions with some huge clubs and he was probably considered as much of a talent as this guy is now. Now the very idea of us signing someone that talented, for that amount of money with that much competition is absurd.

• Like 1

have we reached the point that we are now just buying players ( when we do)to tick a box and keep the natives quiet ?

......That a structured (horses for courses) selection process and players to improve positions of weakness has just become a distant memory?

Edited by TRO

I have it on good authority that PL is interested in signing a man.

pitty, we couldn't sign a few birds in stockings and suspenders and put them in defence........ we could then create a second distraction...... along with the FA cup

Edited by TRO

If I was Paul Lambert and was sure, given the sensible funds to improve the team, that I could do it.....I would refuse monies that represented a token gesture that would not improve the team and I would keep my powder dry.

what gets managers the sack apart from the obvious of losing games.....is spending money and getting no value for it.

Paul Lambert will live or die by his transfer market performance......don't buy Paul if you havn't got the money to improve the team.

• Like 1

Junior Billong @TrransferNews 33m

Bryan Ruiz is having a medical as we speak for his loan deal to PSV which I reported yesterday. #FFC #PSV

Junior Billong @TrransferNews 27m

This paves the way for Memphis Depay to Aston Villa. I can confirm talks did begin yesterday. "Expect the unexpected" #AVFC

So this guy is an award winning footy journalist and european footy expert. The plot thickens

Also seems to be a few people who were slagging him off yesterday now asking surely not to Villa??

Edited by villan_007

Junior Billong ‏@TrransferNews 33m

Bryan Ruiz is having a medical as we speak for his loan deal to PSV which I reported yesterday. #FFC #PSV

Junior Billong ‏@TrransferNews 27m

This paves the way for Memphis Depay to Aston Villa. I can confirm talks did begin yesterday. "Expect the unexpected" #AVFC

So this guy is an award winning footy journalist and european footy expert. The plot thickens

Also seems to be a few people who were slagging him off yesterday now asking surely not to Villa??

Seriously? - with 229 followers? Half of those are probably villa fans who've started following him in the last 24hrs.

Junior Billong ‏@TrransferNews 33m

Junior Billong ‏@TrransferNews 27m

Seriously? - with 229 followers? Half of those are probably villa fans who've started following him in the last 24hrs.

Not sure mate, just thought I'd post it. Everything he said yesterday has started to happen today. I've started to dream......

Edited by villan_007

Â