Paris Saint-Germain

Avfc96

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

Apparently Messi will wear number 30 at PSG (the number he wore when he made his debut at Barcelona).

Somewhere, in a storage box, I actually own a Messi 30 Barcelona shirt. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I don't get it, should he forego all of that because he loves Barca?

No, he's already incredibly wealthy, beyond anyones dreams, how much money does he need, if you profess to love barca so much, play for a quid a week instead of crying about la liga rules making it impossible for him to stay

Amazing player, world's best ever probably, but a total cumshot into a sock with the tears over Barcelona 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimzk5 said:

if you profess to love barca so much, play for a quid a week instead of crying about la liga rules making it impossible for him to stay

He couldn't unless they took hundreds of thousands off their wage bill due to being so far over the cap.

He's played hard ball for years and earns an obscene amount, but as a player considered probably the greatest of all time, it's hard to argue. Barcelona haven't paid it due to being charitable, they've paid it because even with his grotesque wages, he earned them a fortune. 

4 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

No, he's already incredibly wealthy, beyond anyones dreams, how much money does he need, if you profess to love barca so much, play for a quid a week instead of crying about la liga rules making it impossible for him to stay

Amazing player, world's best ever probably, but a total cumshot into a sock with the tears over Barcelona 

He could sign for free and Barca wouldn't be able to keep him. It was out of his hands. He already agreed to a 50% wage cut when he thought he'd signed back on.

7 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Sorry, I’m lost on this part. He should play for £1, even though he can’t do this? What?

Ultimately it seems both he and Barce were playing a game of chicken with La Liga, certain they'd make an exception and let Barcelona break the rules rather than let Messi play in another league. Whoops. 

Not sure why people don't get that barca can't register him, they're not allowed to register new players, they can't register aguero either

It doesn't matter if they paid messi £1 a week or £1m a week he wouldn't be able to kick a la liga ball for them 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not sure why people don't get that barca can't register him, they're not allowed to register new players, they can't register aguero either

It doesn't matter if they paid messi £1 a week or £1m a week he wouldn't be able to kick a la liga ball for them 

Because people are thick.  They see all these figures written down and go a bit doolally.  Wasn't he meant to be on €3m a week a few weeks ago?  Even though he and the rest of the Barca players had taken big paycuts these past 2 seasons.

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

That would be illegal. 

I don’t feel sorry for him in the slightest, but people need to stop perpetuating the idea that «playing for free» was an option. 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Ultimately it seems both he and Barce were playing a game of chicken with La Liga, certain they'd make an exception and let Barcelona break the rules rather than let Messi play in another league. Whoops. 

And good on them for not caving in. I’m very surprised they haven’t, but credit where it’s due. 

• Like 1

How totally boring that Messi signs with PSG. He could've signed with a club like Sampdoria or Hamburg or Celta Vigo or Aston Villa. A club with aspirations but not elite. Like how Maradona signed with Napoli. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

Asking someone to do an incredibly demanding job for essentially free, especially as maybe the best of all time, is an unrealistic thing to ask.

I love my job, but I’m not doing it for a dollar a week no matter how much money I have.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

How totally boring that Messi signs with PSG. He could've signed with a club like Sampdoria or Hamburg or Celta Vigo or Aston Villa. A club with aspirations but not elite. Like how Maradona signed with Napoli. 

Maybe he remembered how it all turned out for diego and thought better of it. 

Edited by villa89

Â