Paris Saint-Germain

Avfc96

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

How can psg actually afford Messi and all the other talent they have??

Serious question, how does FFP not do them over?!

They won't declare messi for another year, by which time they'll no doubt have increased their revenue to balance it, or sell some players next year and play with the money, most likely they'll find some way of tying the club in the world cup and getting some of that Qatar money, they have visit Qatar as a partner for example, I'm sure they can add another £20m to the deal next year as a WC boost or some such shit, or have messi do some visit Qatar WC events that he gets paid bonuses for that of course have nothing to do with the club 

A quick read of their official partners list makes for depressing reading 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Club owners should be allowed to pump as much money in as they like as long as it’s not a club debt, must be a gift.

At least then it’s all transparent. 

Yeah at least then there's no glass ceiling. 

Basically it would mean the best teams are the ones with the richest owners. Kind of like now, except there won't be any exceptions such as our owners among others. Still a very shit situation mind.

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I genuinely don't get why people on here hate Messi so much.  Such a weird corner of the internet this place sometimes.

Personally, I really don’t. Best footballer of my lifetime and an absolute genius on the pitch. Probably not the easiest of personalities, to be rather polite I suppose, but I hold him in very high regard as an artist and athlete. 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Basically it would mean the best teams are the ones with the richest owners. Kind of like now, except there won't be any exceptions such as our owners among others. Still a very shit situation mind.

It’s better than this current shady situation of people sneaking money in, and debts out. 
Just throw it open, as long as the club is debt free then the owners can overspend versus their income.

Thats better than now because clubs are allowed to generated losses. Like us under Tony X, it can all blow up and risk bankruptcy.

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Club owners should be allowed to pump as much money in as they like as long as it’s not a club debt, must be a gift.

At least then it’s all transparent. 

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Totally agree.

If an owner is willing to pump 500m actual cash (for example), in to a club, I don't see why that's an issue.

Ad long as it isn't debt, and it is hard cash, it should he allowed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Totally agree.

If an owner is willing to pump 500m actual cash (for example), in to a club, I don't see why that's an issue.

Ad long as it isn't debt, and it is hard cash, it should he allowed.

I was thinking that these massive sponsorship deals are largely just doing the same thing aren't they?

10 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I was thinking that these massive sponsorship deals are largely just doing the same thing aren't they?

Yes

You can bypass FFP by having your owners other company sponsor the club but you can't have your owner directly put his own money in to the club

Why is that? Because if the owners other company sponsors the club at an inflated rate then th e market value becomes inflated and the likes of man utd benefit from it 

The value of PSGs official airline partnership with Qatar Airways impacts utds deal with aeroflot

Everything about FFP to me goes back to man utd and how it helps them as the world's biggest club, all of it just makes them bigger 

Then look at who UEFAs mouth piece was when all this started up... David Gill... Former chief executive of man utd... The whole thing is a con 

Edited by villa4europe

32 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

That’s the point, it’s shady. 
Bring it out into the open and allow owners to spend what they like (as long as no debt).

8 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Is allowing an owner put in a much money as they want, like having an Olympics with no drug testing?

No.

FFP is more like an Olympics without drug testing, everybody is cheating to varying degrees.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yep. I have a waxy, pea sized, heart and never believe anything a footballer says again.

He could have played for free if he really wanted to.

No he couldn't. He, and they, would be breaking Spanish law.

And I'm guessing given his previous issues with the Ministerio Fiscal he'd probably prefer to avoid that.

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

No he couldn't. He, and they, would be breaking Spanish law.

And I'm guessing given his previous issues with the Ministerio Fiscal he'd probably prefer to avoid that.

Interesting point on the authority’s, the rules have cost them tens of millions in tax revenue. 

Â