Paris Saint-Germain

Avfc96

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

€1B is just absurd for kicking a football. Honestly stuff like this makes me just want to stop engaging with the sport. 

Just now, osmark86 said:

€1B is just absurd for kicking a football. Honestly stuff like this makes me just want to stop engaging with the sport. 

It’s turned into a pride thing for the ultra rich. They’ll pay whatever it takes not to “lose” Mbappe.
Nothing to do with value for money, they just can’t bare to be seen to lose something they want to a rival.

Don't really get the angle PSG are going for here. Dude has a contract, and has supposedly agreed terms with Madrid on a free next year. Surely Madrid will just wait until his contract has expired?

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Don't really get the angle PSG are going for here. Dude has a contract, and has supposedly agreed terms with Madrid on a free next year. Surely Madrid will just wait until his contract has expired?

Think its a pride thing now. I imagine at this stage they would happily sell to anyone but Madrid

Issue is nobody has that money

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I don't think you're supposed to talk to other teams more than 6 months ahead of the end of the contract so I can see why they'd be pissed off if he has.  

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I don't think you're supposed to talk to other teams more than 6 months ahead of the end of the contract so I can see why they'd be pissed off if he has.  

You can talk to anyone you like whenever you want. But you can't agree anything official. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Think its a pride thing now. I imagine at this stage they would happily sell to anyone but Madrid

Issue is nobody has that money

Other issue is that Mbappe has to agree to be sold.

His current contract with PSG has a HUGE loyalty bonus if he stays till the end.

PSG have made this mess for themselves and only have themselves to blame.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

Other issue is that Mbappe has to agree to be sold.

His current contract with PSG has a HUGE loyalty bonus if he stays till the end.

PSG have made this mess for themselves and only have themselves to blame.

Yep its all on PSG but I would respect them a little if they froze him out and put him in the bomb squad for the season

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yep its all on PSG but I would respect them a little if they froze him out and put him in the bomb squad for the season

I wouldn’t, it would extra scummy. They offered him a contract which he looks like he wants to honour… why is it fair to freeze him out? What has he done wrong?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

I wouldn’t, it would extra scummy. They offered him a contract which he looks like he wants to honour… why is it fair to freeze him out? What has he done wrong?

They will still pay him his wages. He has clearly been speaking to Real Madrid for years behind PSG back and this "saga" has come up the last 2 or 3 summers. 

He also wanted out in January and then threw a tantrum when they used his image on season ticket ads for next season.

Its a higher profile Grealish wanting out situation

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They will still pay him his wages. He has clearly been speaking to Real Madrid for years behind PSG back and this "saga" has come up the last 2 or 3 summers. 

He also wanted out in January and then threw a tantrum when they used his image on season ticket ads for next season.

Its a higher profile Grealish wanting out situation

Mbappe isn’t pushing to leave though, he’s planning to stay and the club want him to leave, and give up over €100m in bonuses.

The club are now punishing him because he plans to honour his contract. It’s ridiculous and if UEFA had any balls they’d be sanctioning PSG for this behaviour.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Mbappe isn’t pushing to leave though, he’s planning to stay and the club want him to leave, and give up over €100m in bonuses.

The club are now punishing him because he plans to honour his contract. It’s ridiculous and if UEFA had any balls they’d be sanctioning PSG for this behaviour.

Be funny if that happens, PSG essentially paying him €100m to join Real Madrid for free 😂

Edited by duke313

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Be funny if that happens, PSG essentially paying him €100m to join Real Madrid for free 😂

Maddest deal in history :lol: 

They obviously assumed they’d get him signed to another deal before this one expired and now they are panicking 

Just now, Genie said:

Maddest deal in history :lol: 

They obviously assumed they’d get him signed to another deal before this one expired and now they are panicking 

If I was Mbappe, I’d turn down all attempts of them trying to sell him this summer, collect €100m next summer and join Madrid on a free.

• Like 1

Just now, duke313 said:

If I was Mbappe, I’d turn down all attempts of them trying to sell him this summer, collect €100m next summer and join Madrid on a free.

I think that’s his intention and sounds like he’s willing to sacrifice a season on the bench or playing with the youth teams. 

Football clubs have happily made mercenaries out of players over the years so have no sympathy towards PSG

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

I think that’s the plan. 

If PSG can negotiate a big fee for him this summer they’ll end up giving most of it to him to get him to agree to go. 

Â