Weather...

Dodgyknees

I remember it being 40-45 degrees C, in Cyprus, Ayia Napa for 2 weeks solid, it was great. Maybe just a bit uncomfortable on the night, as never dropped below 30 even when dark. Was a bit younger then though, an the beach was a stones throw away. 😂

• Like 1

Problem is the humidity factor in this country. It amplifies the temperature. In the summer it makes it feel hotter and in the winter it makes it feel colder.

A work colleague based in Moscow said in winter it goes down to -30C, yet when he goes to St Petersburg which is near the sea, the humidity is higher and although the temp there in the winter is -20C it feels colder.....!

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I remember it being 40-45 degrees C, in Cyprus, Ayia Napa for 2 weeks solid, it was great. Maybe just a bit uncomfortable on the night, as never dropped below 30 even when dark. Was a bit younger then though, an the beach was a stones throw away. 😂

Did it in Germany 3 years ago for a week

I **** hated it, played football two nights in a row in the middle of it, lost half a stone in weight, never experienced exhaustion like it the day after it was pure regret 

Was also trying for a baby... I wouldn't recommend that 

• Like 1

I’m not usually one for moaning about the heat. It annoys me when we finally get some sun in this country and people are moaning that it’s too hot. 

But 38 degrees in Sutton on Monday is taking the **** piss

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

As a ginger, bald & a touch overweight Postman I'd just like to say it's been nice knowing you. Sacrificing myself on Monday so Donna can get her Boohoo order and Ethel gets her radio times.

I'm quite surprised they're not postponing deliveries, it's madness having people out in that direct sun for hours

• Like 1

22 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

That’s my kind of weather. It’s not great to work in, to be fair but otherwise bring it on 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm quite surprised they're not postponing deliveries, it's madness having people out in that direct sun for hours

We are actually going in a couple of hours earlier than normal so should hopefully be done by midday. I had to do double mail today which wasn't great but at least the round is clear now for Monday.

Coached an u13 MJPL team in an in house game today , midday pitch slot , minimal warm up and only played 4 x 15 mins match , lads were exhausted after 30 mins almost boiling over  ( didn’t help that some didn’t use the ball wisely !🤣) , we discussed after we maybe should of cancelled , this club have cancelled training on Tuesday and I’ve cancelled a 1 v1 session on Monday , time to stay in the shade and relax !

I'm working from home Mon and Tues which are my normal days in the office. 

Network Rail are advising against any unnecessary rail travel and have warned there are guaranteed to be many cancellations and long delays. 

I was chaos enough last week so I'm not getting involved in that. I'll stay at home and keep the curtains closed. 

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I'm working from home Mon and Tues which are my normal days in the office. 

Network Rail are advising against any unnecessary rail travel and have warned there are guaranteed to be many cancellations and long delays. 

I was chaos enough last week so I'm not getting involved in that. I'll stay at home and keep the curtains closed. 

We've been told to stay at home all next week, which suits me fine. 

My flat is going to be roasting though. Its bad enough now!

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Come on, people need their endless supply of Chinese tat delivered. Think of the economy! 

I've spent the last hour covering my south facing windows with cardboard, and the outside of the doors from the conservatory to the house with layers of blankets.

The neighbours are looking at me like I'm insane, but they're the kind of idiots who have their windows open in the day during a heatwave. We'll see who lives through the week.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Â