Weather...

Dodgyknees

3 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Apple weather app has been fantastic for me, very accurate

I recently turned on notifications for it, and I noticed that yesterday it would come up and say "rain in 20 minutes" and stuff, and it was right. "Rain due to stop in a few minutes" -  ditto. Timings immaculate. Though it was hail rather than rain, to be picky. The BBC one is pretty accurate generally, too, mind.

20 hours ago, blandy said:

I recently turned on notifications for it, and I noticed that yesterday it would come up and say "rain in 20 minutes" and stuff, and it was right. "Rain due to stop in a few minutes" -  ditto. Timings immaculate. Though it was hail rather than rain, to be picky. The BBC one is pretty accurate generally, too, mind.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

23c Wednesday, 26c Thursday and 30c in Brum (and pure sun) on Friday then Mr Sunshine is quickly doing a disappearing act on the weekend dropping to 18c and rain on Saturday. I'm already making sure I am well on top of my workload for an early afternoon finish on Friday and getting the BBQ out for first time this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

23c Wednesday, 26c Thursday and 30c in Brum (and pure sun) on Friday then Mr Sunshine is quickly doing a disappearing act on the weekend dropping to 18c and rain on Saturday. I'm already making sure I am well on top of my workload for an early afternoon finish on Friday and getting the BBQ out for first time this year.

Yes, guess who is having friends round for a BBQ on Saturday? 

Sunny, Sunny, Sunny, shit. 

What a load of bollocks. 

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yes, guess who is having friends round for a BBQ on Saturday? 

Sunny, Sunny, Sunny, shit. 

What a load of bollocks. 

We're off to the Lake District on Friday. The aircon in the car is knacked, so it would be the 30°C day we're travelling (followed by a rainy weekend), wouldn't it? 😠 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

33c predicted where i am on friday  night time is gonna be fun.

Gonna have to sleep in the fridge me thinks

Make sure to leave the catch on 👍

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

We're off to the Lake District on Friday. The aircon in the car is knacked, so it would be the 30°C day we're travelling (followed by a rainy weekend), wouldn't it? 😠 

Can you get it regassed beforehand? Or is it proper broken?

35° here saturday 

Already in running battles with the wife over her system for keeping the flat cool - open all the windows for at 7am for about an hour, close everything and put the shutters down, close all the doors too, sit in the living room all day in the dark (she's on maternity leave I'm working from home), don't open the windows in the day in the sunshine, lights heat the rooms so they're a no no... Go to bed in a cool bedroom

To be fair to her it works but I can't remember to shut the doors and do various other little rules she has

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Can you get it regassed beforehand? Or is it proper broken?

Won't have time. I knew it needed doing, but, y'know the mantra - it's not worth having snow chains for the three days a year when it snows, and it's not worth having aircon for the three days a year when it's hot. Until it is. Hey ho. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

Won't have time. I knew it needed doing, but, y'know the mantra - it's not worth having snow chains for the three days a year when it snows, and it's not worth having aircon for the three days a year when it's hot. Until it is. Hey ho. 

Ah, that’s a shame.

Air con is the greatest invention of all time on those rare hot days.

• 4 weeks later...
Â