World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Ivan began to use his plunger to clear the u-bend... and afterwards, he started work on unclogging the sink. 

After disconnecting the pipe, he stared up the dirty brown hole. It was very much packed up. To get the flow going again, he was going to have to use his snake. 

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

Vertonghen gave in interview regarding the Belgium game tomorrow.

when asked about the OneLove armband he responded 'I'm not comfortable to talk about this. Which says enough. I'm afraid I won't be on the pitch tomorrow if I speak about this'.

So obviously that's the headline right now and I'm sure our press will talk about this extensively the next hours/days

32 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Germany has sued FIFA and will have an express hearing in CAS over the armband and loss of sponsor revenue from sponsors pulling out due to them being forced to remove the armband. CAS will make a decision within 48 hours.

Go Germany. And good on rewe for piling on the pressure on the German FA to actually do something other than just complaining.

Rewe terminated their DFB sponsorship with immediate effect if anyone was wondering

They're a big supermarket chain over here, would be like sainsburys terminating their England team deal (if that even still exists)

The one love thing is huge here, it's a massive story

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Seems like a good atmosphere at all the games with the exception of the opener.

The South American fans are by far the best.

I've gained a new amount of respect for them.

They create a party atmosphere anywhere they go here... Starting from the airport all the way in lol.

Seeing all the sombreros and drums about the place is nice. Lol

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The South American fans are by far the best.

I've gained a new amount of respect for them.

They create a party atmosphere anywhere they go here... Starting from the airport all the way in lol.

Seeing all the sombreros and drums about the place is nice. Lol

Yeah I was in Rio in 2014 and the 60,000 Chileans that arrived were amazing, even if some did storm the Maracana without tickets.  England style.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

You can always count on Richard the Lionheart turning up at these events in the Middle East. Always outstays his welcome. And then he has the cheek to moan about the price of a beer?! Want, want, want, want, want ffs. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Germany has sued FIFA and will have an express hearing in CAS over the armband and loss of sponsor revenue from sponsors pulling out due to them being forced to remove the armband. CAS will make a decision within 48 hours.

Go Germany. And good on rewe for piling on the pressure on the German FA to actually do something other than just complaining.

Who the hell IS sponsoring this Shitshow anyway? If I was CEO of a large corporation I wouldn't want my name anywhere near it. 

30 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Who the hell IS sponsoring this Shitshow anyway? If I was CEO of a large corporation I wouldn't want my name anywhere near it. 

Budweiser, Coke, Accor (received lots of stick in France), McDonalds, Visa etc are sponsors of the tournament, and then lots of local companies sponsor the teams.

Germany is rapidly losing all their national sponsors unless they win this suit and get to wear the band again.

For our team it’s M&S, Visa, EE, Barclays amongst others.

Edited by magnkarl

Â