World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

12 hours ago, duke313 said:

I like it, hope it’s introduced in club football 

I don't. Some of us spend enough time on match days travelling. The last thing we need is games running on for an additional 30 min. Especially for evening games. It's nonsense tbh and very American. I don't like it this excessive. Great for the armchair fan. Not so good for those that attend games.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

With all the subs it makes sense

If it becomes the new normal people will get used to it very quickly it just stands out like a sore thumb after 3 days

It's quite funny that it's also basically admitting that injury time was absolute bullshit previously. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

They have overtime don't they. Either way like I said an additional 10 - 15 min each half is ridiculous. 

Yeah they don't have draws they do overtime

But in reality if we go with the 30 seconds per sub thing and 6 sub breaks that's 3 mins, 1 to 2 mins per VAR review (which is actually worse in the PL, they're much quicker here) it's more or less automatically 5 mins every game without any time wasting or injury stoppages

And to be fair in some of the big ones like the England game there was a very long injury stoppage, the next step is to then either stop the injury stoppages or speed them up, they could have taken 5 minutes off the Iranian keepers injury, that was a farce

On 21/11/2022 at 22:01, sidcow said:

Just look at the **** state of him. 

Look, stop criticising him. He knows all about racism, homophobia and being tortured for his beliefs/lifestyle because he was ginger, and those non-ginger schoolkids were mean.

Also Europe did bad stuff hundreds of years ago, so that means it is fine for Qatar to behesd people or throw them off buildings or stone them, or simply hold them prisoner and literally work them to death today.

Man is a **** imbecile.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I don't. Some of us spend enough time on match days travelling. The last thing we need is games running on for an additional 30 min. Especially for evening games. It's nonsense tbh and very American. I don't like it this excessive. Great for the armchair fan. Not so good for those that attend games.

Yeah I can see your point.

For me, selfishly as an " armchair fan " it gives me longer football matches on TV. Lol

59 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

FB_IMG_1669194447129.jpg

Without fear of being blasted again.

This is absolute Bollox.

What they are doing is taking the TOTAL number of migrant workers in the country ( 70 percent plus of the population ) deaths over 12 years ( multiple different reasons... Humans die ) and trying to lump it in to make it look like these are all people dying constructing stadiums 🤣.

Only like 350,000 of the circa 2.8 million population in Qatar are actually Qataris. ( No, they aren't all rich, evil dictator spawns either )

ALSO, most of the construction companies are WESTERN companies. ( British, Canadian, Italian, Turkish ) Who are responsible for the safety, welfare and conditions of the workers.

The laws are set in stone. The workers have bodies they can complain to if they are not being taken care of.

Even the embassies of the employees from said countries have the power to stop allowing them to be brought in. For example, the Filipino embassy and government are extremely strong in this regard. Employers have to go through a rigorous process to bring them into the country.

As I've repeated, as a small business owner, if I don't pay my employees, or have them living in squalor, I will get fined , have my company shut down or face jail time myself.

Jesus Christ where do you people think we live? Iran, Afghanistan? North Korea?

Do you think if this were true that local human rights groups wouldn't be enraged?

No they wouldn't be beheaded or locked up for bringing it up with government either.

If you can be arsed, go and communicate on any of the " Expatriates in Qatar groups " and they'll probably tell you similar 

Now though, whenever we comment any truths on social media... We are told that we are " paid PR agents " from the government 🤦🏿‍♂️

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Without fear of being blasted again.

This is absolute Bollox.

What they are doing is taking the TOTAL number of migrant workers in the country ( 70 percent plus of the population ) deaths over 12 years ( multiple different reasons... Humans die ) and trying to lump it in to make it look like these are all people dying constructing stadiums 🤣.

Only like 350,000 of the circa 2.8 million population in Qatar are actually Qataris. ( No, they aren't all rich, evil dictator spawns either )

ALSO, most of the construction companies are WESTERN companies. ( British, Canadian, Italian, Turkish ) Who are responsible for the safety, welfare and conditions of the workers.

The laws are set in stone. The workers have bodies they can complain to if they are not being taken care of.

Even the embassies of the employees from said countries have the power to stop allowing them to be brought in. For example, the Filipino embassy and government are extremely strong in this regard. Employers have to go through a rigorous process to bring them into the country.

As I've repeated, as a small business owner, if I don't pay my employees, or have them living in squalor, I will get fined , have my company shut down or face jail time myself.

Jesus Christ where do you people think we live? Iran, Afghanistan? North Korea?

Do you think if this were true that local human rights groups wouldn't be enraged?

No they wouldn't be beheaded or locked up for bringing it up with government either.

If you can be arsed, go and communicate on any of the " Expatriates in Qatar groups " and they'll probably tell you similar 

Now though, whenever we comment any truths on social media... We are told that we are " paid PR agents " from the government 🤦🏿‍♂️

Look guys, it's all good. They were humans, humans die..

Comical Ali' barb against Trad sparks call for review of vilification

(Especially in the foundations of football stadiums, 40 degree slum conditions without running water, when they don't get treatment for illness or heatstroke etc).

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It is true though, that graphic isn't apples and apples

There's obviously a problem and a discussion to be had but that comparison isn't it

The blatant 'no problem here' attitude that Infantino, FIFA and some posters on here show is frightening. I wonder how they'd feel if it was them being worked to death, was gay or wanted a life outside of marriage to a man as a woman. 

So many ignorant men in powerful positions not knowing how backward they are.

The defense is that Rome or Norway used to be oppressive. Or that it's Western companies, or that some pie in the sky tells them so. Or that your cushy Swiss upbringing gives you unique perspective because you were ginger\freckled.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

The blatant 'no problem here' attitude that Infantino, FIFA and some posters on here show is frightening. I wonder how they'd feel if it was them being worked to death, was gay or wanted a life outside of marriage to a man as a woman. 

So many ignorant men in powerful positions not knowing how backward they are.

The defense is that Rome or Norway used to be oppressive. Or that it's Western companies, or that some pie in the sky tells them so. Or that your cushy Swiss upbringing gives you unique perspective because you were ginger\freckled.

Don't disagree with any of that

But that graphic still isn't right

• Like 2

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

Look guys, it's all good. They were humans, humans die..

Comical Ali' barb against Trad sparks call for review of vilification

(Especially in the foundations of football stadiums, 40 degree slum conditions without running water, when they don't get treatment for illness or heatstroke etc).

Yes... Let's just take my point out of context for effect.

White collar expatriates die too.

My point was alot die from natural ailments or illness, vehicle accidents, being killed by each other etc

The migrant population here don't all work in construction or at stadiums. Lol

You know they recieve FREE healthcare too right?

I'm sure you knew that, but cool story, and hopefully you got the attention you wanted 🤦🏿‍♂️

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yes... Let's just take my point out of context for effect.

White collar expatriates die too.

My point was alot die from natural ailments or illness, vehicle accidents, being killed by each other etc

The migrant population here don't all work in construction or at stadiums. Lol

You know they recieve FREE healthcare too right?

I'm sure you knew that, but cool story, and hopefully you got the attention you wanted 🤦🏿‍♂️

This thread and discussion isn't about white collar expats though. I doubt they work 6 day weeks, have their passports stolen and live in slum-ville. But you knew that.

You again lie about health care, you need to re-orient your compass to the people we are talking about. Not British citizens. 

An Inside Look at Migrant Worker Healthcare in Qatar

Furthermore, in order to access the state’s expansive healthcare system, residents must have a government-issued health card. Reports determined that about 56% of low-income migrants could not afford the health card. While Qatari officials have put a labor law in place that guarantees that employers are responsible for issuing these health cards to their workers, some employers are reluctant to pay the price. The final obstacle that single male workers face is cultural and language differences. Workers are unable to communicate with Qatari healthcare workers effectively due to language differences, thus leading to a lack of representation among migrant workers. No systems have emerged to increase accessibility to healthcare for migrant workers.

Any other white-wash you'd like to come up with? It's all the West painting a bad picture right.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

This thread and discussion isn't about white collar expats though. I doubt they work 6 day weeks, have their passports stolen and live in slum-ville. But you knew that.

You again lie about health care, you need to re-orient your compass to the people we are talking about. Not British citizens. 

Any other white-wash you'd like to come up with? It's all the West painting a bad picture right.

Huh?

For the billionth time.

It is ILLEGAL for companies to take a passport. That law was changed YEARS AGO.

As for " 6 days per week ". I used to work 6 days per week when I was an employee here myself 🤣.

I'm " lying about healthcare ".... You've got to be f*ckng kidding me 🤣.

EVERY single expatriate worker In the country is a part of the same mandatory health care system unless you choose to or can afford private.

I only mentioned white collar workers as an example of expatiates.

Again, you're trying to tell someone who has lived in the country and knows the system from both sides of the fence this ffs 

How can I lie about factual things.

No one is saying there aren't still flaws, or bad eggs ( like with everywhere in the world)

If employers neglect to follow laws they can be reported.

You lot are so desperate for all the horror stories to be true that even when presented with facts you're still in denial.

FYI, some of these workers are brought here by " agents " from their own countries and scammed.

* I deal with lots of migrant workers myself!

37 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I don't think he's saying that it's that binary, and whilst I don't think based on reports that I've seen that it is in any way a positive regime, I do think you are being a little bit dismissive given that he actually lives there. 

• Like 2

Â