World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

I feel rather deflated at missing that on personal choice. I've nothing against religious beliefs (raised Irish Catholic so i had a few drilled into me from a very young age) but I can't just accept certain things being law and punishable by death.

Fifa corruption is s different kettle of fish

It doesn't make me feel like I've done summat good or that it's even worth while. I just think it's the right thing to do. 

I will think further about the next England game when the time comes.

I still won't be watching the other games though.

Edited by Talldarkandransome

Post England match ze germans have 30 mins to one love, went after everyone, fifa, Qatar, the FAs, the teams, the captains, not sure who the whole panel was but it included Ballack

They also had a small photo frame with Alex Scott in it and explained who she is and what she did which was weird but a nice touch

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

Is it really against the rules to wear a t-shirt with a rainbow on it? 

Am I missing something does the t-shirt show a rainbow round a football? No slogan, no organisation? Did they really stop him from wearing it in the ground, has this been checked? It all seems too odd, if they did stop him what would they have to gain apart from terrible publicity? It's all a bit weird.

Really wouldn't want to be this guy (or gal)

First drug seizure during the World Cup in Qatar

1,990 pills of Tramadol and 464.5 grams of hashish: this is the seizure of customs at Hamad airport in Doha on Monday. This is the first drug seizure during the World Cup in Qatar.One of the customs officers at Doha airport "suspected the passenger's luggage, therefore inspected it and found" this large quantity of drugs, the General Authority of Customs announced on Twitter.

The passenger concerned, about whom no information has been revealed, must be brought before the public prosecutor's office, a Qatari official told AFP, who requested anonymity. The penalties incurred in Qatar for possession, use or trafficking of drugs are very severe, including long prison terms, heavy fines and expulsion from the territory for foreigners.

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Premiere-saisie-de-drogue-pendant-la-coupe-du-monde-au-qatar/1366074

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

You are a cynic. McGuire gets slated all the time and has a nickname slab head. Nice try though!!

"McGuire" gets slated all the time because he's **** crap and gets called slab head because he's got a slab for a head.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Xela said:

What Qatar's customs, laws and views are, is none of our business and we have no right to tell other countries to change if they don't want to. The big issue is that the WC should never have  been held there. Thats the crux of it. It shouldn't have been awarded to them, and only was because FIFA are bent. 

Exactly 💯 

10 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

"McGuire" gets slated all the time because he's **** crap and gets called slab head because he's got a slab for a head.

Gareth trusts him, never let England down blah blah blah. He has one error free game against a team who put him under no pressure at all and missed a sitter producing additional comments such as “that’s what he brings to the team “ and now his place in the squad and the team is totally vindicated. Disaster waiting to happen

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Anyway, reference the football, normal service will resume once we play a half decent team, i.e a France or Argentina. Media raving about the win like we are now odds on favourites to win the cup!

It’s all quite nauseating. No disrespect but Iran are shite

• Like 2

Â