World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

Just now, jim said:

Giving it the big un last week will wear it whatever happens, now they pussy out. If they felt that strongly they would walk off the pitch.

Absolutely agree.

I assume FIFA have gone above the players and threatened something. Players now told to adhere.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

So FIFA are allowing armbands that say 'No discrimination' while backing Qatar's discrimination laws.  Daft as ****.

Their campaign means you can't discriminate against discrimination!

You'll probably find it's Southgate who's bottled it along with the FA. Imagine if his precious Kane gets another yellow and a ban. 

It's all a front anyway, do you really think footballers care, I doubt at least 50% just do as they are told, including Kane.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You'll probably find it's Southgate who's bottled it along with the FA. Imagine if his precious Kane gets another yellow and a ban. 

It's all a front anyway, do you really think footballers care, I doubt at least 50% just do as they are told, including Kane.

Probably not, as most of them holiday in Dubai every year, same laws.

Edited by duke313
  • Like 3

Just now, Genie said:

I suspect the threat is more than a yellow to make them shit their pants like this.

yeah sounds like they were happy to take the yellow and a fine but unspecified further sanctions forced their hand

ridiculous

46 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

So everyone who feels the poppy is more important than the rainbow armband is a racist and homophobic?,

You have just backed up everything wrong with this forum with that comment. 

👍

• Like 1

So Fifa banning the use of the Rainbow armbands because their intolerant paymasters say so.

https://www.fifa.com/social-impact

Actively working to improve the lives of people around the world through the work of FIFA Foundation and our Social Responsibility programmes.

FIFA is working with governments, global and regional development agencies, human rights groups, international and local non-profit organisations and former players to promote a fairer, more equal society through football.

Their social impact statement is utter, complete, and total horse shit. I could not hold them in greater contempt. Any decent footballing and political organization should kick Fifa into touch. Walk away from the shameless cash mad bastards.

Also, I don't see how wearing the rainbow armband is a political gesture. It's just a decent way of showing support for equality. What's political about that? You're either in support of homophobia or you're not.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Leave it to Denmark and likely Neuer to do it. Then the rest will follow. 

Could see one of the Welsh doing it too, they've got that flippant 'fu-attitude'. 

It's a shame that Scotland never made it because you know they would probably be more motivated to wear it now as a response to this blatant paid censorship by the Qatari government in partnership with FIFA.

Â