Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Darren bent is nowhere near the quality of Young. He is also not our best player imo. I also dont agree that most clubs would love him. Opinions eh?

Spot on!

Bottom line is that if Lambert doesn't fancy Bent then of course he should be sold. We are not in any position to be having players on 70k a week spending most of their time sitting on the bench. Not many clubs bar the elite are.

As others have said we currently look a better side with Bent out the team than in it. For that reason I don't see him getting much game time any time soon. In fact I suspect that Bent simply isn't part of Lamberts medium to long term plans and he'd be more than happy to have the 10+ mill and 70k a week in wages to spend on other players.

What happens if Benteke picks up an injury, or needs a rest? Do we rely on Gabby again?

Absolute madness to sell Bent in January unless your going to replace him with equal, or better quality.

You can't secure your Premiership status by continually selling your better players, especially with half the feckin season to complete.

This.

Lambert should be looking to get Bent involved and getting players in to provide the service to him.

I think this is another case of "well we can do better with the money" syndrome that fans tend to have when clearly selling your better players in the past windows hasn't worked out for us at all.

It's weird how much nonsense this whole Bent saga has dredged up and how quick so many fans seemed to turn on him.

We are not a one man team and Bent's response to being dropped has seemed a little petulant, but we still need him and we still need his goals, nothing has changed.

Benteke has been excellent but there is no reason to believe he and Gabby couldn't play in a 3, or a 2, Bent has done little wrong either, a couple of duff games because his confidence has gone from being dropped as captain and from the starting line up even when he was scoring goals, doesn't make him a bad player.

Of course i back Lambert and i think Benteke is immense but as people have mentioned Benteke, Gabby and Weimann will get injured.

We need to get the basics right all over the pitch which we have started to show we are doing that, then bring players in who can do a job and this includes Bent, Zog and Dunne. Our squad is too small to be sniffy.

In an ideal world....

Sell him for 15m

and Buy Nacer Chadli and Wilfred Zaha with that money.... Sorts out the Wing and Striker situations.... then just invest some money into a CB and a big strong DM who can win the ball back and well..... we have the makings of a good side....

--------------Guzan

--------Clark---------Vlaar

Lowton------------------------Bennett

-----------DM-----Westwood/KEA

--------------Ireland/Bannan

Gabby-------------------------Chadli

-----------------Benteke

Personally I will be a bit mystified and disappointed if we sell him on without a serious attempt to get him and Benteke playing together.

However, it's hard to deny those saying the team looks better without him & he doesn't seem much bothered about playing at the moment.

LOL what? anyway selling your best players is never a good idea.

I'd thought fans would've realised this seeing Ash etc leave.. Lambert should be finding players to provide the service not looking to sell him.

a proper goalscorer which most clubs would love and fans are claiming to sell him off, crazy.

This.

Lambert should be looking to get Bent involved and getting players in to provide the service to him.

I think this is another case of "well we can do better with the money" syndrome that fans tend to have when clearly selling your better players in the past windows hasn't worked out for us at all.

You have clearly missed the boat on this one.

Bent is clearly a good player, however I don't think he fits into the team. If we sold him and the money was invested in quality players that could actually improve our team then I'm all for it. + It'll be more cheaper to sell him and build upon the current team rather than build a team around him.

Yes lets sell the player who kept us up last season. To our relegation rivals QPR maybe? That will be a good move won't it? :wacko::rolleyes:

He still has a very decent goal scoring record for us despite having the most woeful service. All this talk of reinvesting is just football manager talk. He scores goals. Goals win games.

And what if Benteke gets injured? Rely on once a year Gabby? Great.

At some point in the next 18 months we Have to sell him

Why not now and get a decent sum back

That is ignorant.

Why should we really buy any good player? So that we can sell him with a profit a year later?

Why did we buy Bent in the first place? We even paid more for him that we can sell him for now.

This place was rocking when we got him, and our squad was better then than it is now. A couple of goals from Benteke against Swindon and Norwich and he is suddenly a sure thing to do well all year? People are reacting way too much to the "outbursts" from Bent which were wholly created by the stirring media and seriously bigging his talents down. He has 0.5 goals a game from his last 100 Premer League-games, playing for Sunderland and Aston Villa. Obviously he is not a luxury player, a one trick striker would not score as many without doing something special out there. He scores goals, he is at his prime and he gets goals out of nothing. That is why we need him, because even though we play like shit with this team he can sneak ahead and score a goal when we most need it. All fans want a hero, and what is better than a new striker scoring a few goals like Benteke. However, Papiss Cisse came with a much better reputation and record last season when he started brilliantly - but this season he is struggling much more. Last season he had 1106 minutes and 13 goals, this year 668 minutes and 1 goal (which was just plain luck as well). Things change rapidly, we need Bent (proven at this level) and we need him to score goals. With Benteke, Gabby and Weimann only we would have probably the worst strikeforce in the league in terms of goals and depth.

Got to keep Bent until the end of this season as its Sod's law that if we sold him then Benteke would get injured. Also the club hat would probably buy him would be QPR - our relegation rivals - we'd be absolutely stupid to do this. We should be looking at bringing in creative players to serve our strikers - and both Bent and Benteke should benefit from this.

That is ignorant.

Why should we really buy any good player? So that we can sell him with a profit a year later?

Why did we buy Bent in the first place? We even paid more for him that we can sell him for now.

This place was rocking when we got him, and our squad was better then than it is now. A couple of goals from Benteke against Swindon and Norwich and he is suddenly a sure thing to do well all year? People are reacting way too much to the "outbursts" from Bent which were wholly created by the stirring media and seriously bigging his talents down.

It has piss all to do with the media spinning anything. - If Bent did not go running to them in the first place moaning then they wouldn't have printed Jack shit or been able to stir anything!

He has 0.5 goals a game from his last 100 Premer League-games, playing for Sunderland and Aston Villa. Obviously he is not a luxury player, a one trick striker would not score as many without doing something special out there. He scores goals, he is at his prime and he gets goals out of nothing. That is why we need him, because even though we play like shit with this team he can sneak ahead and score a goal when we most need it. All fans want a hero, and what is better than a new striker scoring a few goals like Benteke. However, Papiss Cisse came with a much better reputation and record last season when he started brilliantly - but this season he is struggling much more. Last season he had 1106 minutes and 13 goals, this year 668 minutes and 1 goal (which was just plain luck as well). Things change rapidly, we need Bent (proven at this level) and we need him to score goals. With Benteke, Gabby and Weimann only we would have probably the worst strikeforce in the league in terms of goals and depth.

As much of them stats are lovely reading you simply do not want a player at a club who does not get his own way. PL is manager. PL calls the shots and who plays. If they players don't like that then they either work harder in training and remind the manager why they deserve to play when they next get there opportunity - not sit and sulk like a 4 year old and go running to the press because they are no longer first name on the team sheet.

Bloody wake up and accept what is actually going on.

Got to keep Bent until the end of this season as its Sod's law that if we sold him then Benteke would get injured. Also the club hat would probably buy him would be QPR - our relegation rivals - we'd be absolutely stupid to do this. We should be looking at bringing in creative players to serve our strikers - and both Bent and Benteke should benefit from this.

What is it with the 'If Benteke or Gabby gets injured' brigade?

As i said in the Benteke thread...

I can see Bent and Fonz prob both being sold.

I don't know what all the fuss with Gabby/Benteke being injured is about. We have Bent till January so even if we picked up an injury to one of them 2 strikers Bent would be drafted in temporarily until then.

He might buck up his ideas and show Lambert the mistake he has made leaving him out and take his chance who knows, but whatever happens we are sorted till Jan and if Bent does leave then I am sure a replacement will be here just as quick so I don't know why all this faffing about over injuries is so concerning to some.

Â