Carles Gil

bose

To shift the conversation, I really hope he's here next season. I think he could be a very good player and I'd be surprised if Sherwood and his staff want to get rid.

I'd like to see him and Grealish in the same team and he could be one of the few players we have that I'd look forward to going and see pull on the shirt.

Yeah, it really is ridiculous seeing people discussing a Villa player on a website called VillaTalk. 

If we were actually discussing the player, that might at least be semi-interesting.

But we seem to have flown into logical analysis, e.g. is it possible to do the right thing and get the wrong outcome and vice versa. 

Apparently this issue is not "difficult".  :)

• Like 1

I'd like to see him here next season, but if he isn't, I won't be too upset.  What I won't do however, is chastise the manager if he isn't, because nobody knows what's gone on.  It might just be that he can't settle in England, but as neither the player or the manager are (quite rightly) washing their dirty laundry in public, we might never know.

Like Tim said, he wasn't ready for a relegation battle. I can see that. He was new to the league, to England, and he's more of a flair player than a battler. He ground out some results, survived, and now we can look to a fresh start next year.

Gil might yet play a part in our coming season.

Like Tim said, he wasn't ready for a relegation battle. I can see that. He was new to the league, to England, and he's more of a flair player than a battler. He ground out some results, survived, and now we can look to a fresh start next year.

Gil might yet play a part in our coming season.

I think this is best we can hope for, it'd be mad to sell a talent before seeing what he's all about.

5 good games, 5 average games, a few goals and then dropped could see his value double, we paid so little we'd always recoup a similar value if he turned out to struggle in the Prem....plus Nzog, please not always Nzog.

Dodgy translation...

Some reports said the Betis was interested in obtaining the transfer of Carles Gil, the player's agent yesterday denied any contact STADIUM. The Valencian end, now at Aston Villa, only played five games last season in the Premier League and Spain arises again, nor rules remain there, since coach Tim Sherwood, has promised more prominence.

Does that mean he may want to stay as he has been promised more game time? Hope its true! Come on Timmy.. more attacking options the better..

Heres a slightly better translation.

Some information indicated that the Betis was interested in obtaining transfer of Carles Gil, the representative of the player refused yesterday to stadium any kind of contacts. The Valencian end, now at Aston Villa, only played five matches last season in the Premier League and is posed to return to Spain, but nor does it rule out continue there, given that his trainer, Tim Sherwood, has promised more prominence.

Edited by KSV

I really don't think he wants to be here.

Seemed happy to me this morning at Bodymoor Heath with the other players. Seemingly in before the other players, these actions don't seem of a man not wanting to be here.

If he were to leave it should be a loan and the replacement must be a good one. Praet I guess fits that but very unlikely hence i'd keep Gil.

good to see him with a smile on his face and shaking the players hands. Gives me renewed hope he will stay.

Even if he isnt starting.. just having Gil and Sinclair coming on for the new possible signings like Praet and Chery etc. We need the depth.

• Like 2

Couldn't work out who it is that Nathan Baker taps on the back as he walks in. 

Almost an Ash/Gabby situation there.  :)

Senderos I think.

Remember him?

Edited by Stevo985

Â