Libor Kozák

samjp26

I don't think either of them are the right choice in the medium term for our front two.In the championship maybe.

movement is what disrupts defenders and ultimately forces them in to errors.We don't have enough of it upfront.

Vardy & Okazaki with their constant effervescence produces opportunities, despite the shoreline, it's clear to see.

we had them in Dean Saunders ,Dwight Yorke ,Brian Little & Andy Gray.....they never give the opposition a minutes peace.

except we never learn from our past successes

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

He's rusty. Needs some more game time to get his touch right but he put himself about and made himself a nuisance - just ask Huth's elbow how much of a handful Kozak was!

David Moyes a complete idiot in MOTD claimed no penalties regarding Huth's foul plays on Kozak. At least one had to be given, just remember Westwood's penalty...

I agree, Kozak is little bit rusty, but he is a proven goalscorer and I do not get it, why the hell he was not playing regularly.

Unfortunately at this level, he lacks pace.  Huth was catching him up after that backpass cock-up and, whilst Kozak had a decent enough effort low at the near post, you can't help but feel a quicker striker would've gotten across the defender and got a more powerful effort away.

His work rate and movement is much better than Gestede, though.  I don't think it's coincidental that we look better with him in the team.

• Like 1

At the moment he's one part of an improving Villa.  For whatever reason we're doing well with him in there.  It will be in some way down to his hard work and movement etc.  He has yet to find the net but fingers crossed when we create more he'll get more opportunity to do so.  Let's hope we become the 3rd spell in his career where he scores lots of goals :)  But if he can be the reason that others are finding the net and we are picking up points then long may it continue.  I would like him to score for his own benefit almost as much as for Villa's.

It's a difficult one with Libor tomorrow night isn't it? One the one hand, he's lacking fitness, which suggests a rest, but on the other hand, he's lacking confidence, which suggests he could do with scoring. Should we start him or shouldn't we? 

I say you start him.  He hasn't played anything like the amount of football as most of them, so not only is he not fatigued, he needs the match fitness.  Assuming he's going to be a part of the first team for some or all of the run-in then I can't think of a good reason not to use him.

• Like 1

Start him. Helps us (hopefully) get the win, gives him better fitness and sharpness so he hopefully is more clinical against WBA and also helps him get used to playing competitively with some of our summer signings.

Definitely start him and hook him after 60mins.  Needs to keep improving match fitness.  A goal would be nice too, but he's creating space for others around him and if that means we keep picking up points then I'm happy.  (As long as we bring in a small, speedy poacher very soon as well).

Â