Libor Kozák

samjp26

I'm not saying he is the answer.....but in our predicament, how on earth has it taken this long to give him a run out.

its very, very worrying.

even I can see he takes up intelligent positions and on that alone, it was better than anything else we could muster.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

as average as he was, he still made more of an impact than gestede has made all season. Considering this was his first start for us in 2 years, a freak leg break, frozen out by sherwood and Garde hasn't played him much, for him to start tonight and put in the effort he did deserves praise.

Gestede's not playing well but won us 3 points at the start and knocked the scum out the cup. Libor worked very hard and was lively but your starting statement is not true.

Worked his bollox off tonight. Movement was good, held the ball well, got stuck in and deserved the applause and support he got from the crowd. I really hope he stays in the team now as with more games could be the perfect foil for Ayew.

What tonight showed was how much of a difference having a decent centre forward makes, even if they're not scoring goals.

And it's not to even say Kozak was that good. Just that if we looked so much better with him therel imagine if we had a good striker playing instead?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Gestede's not playing well but won us 3 points at the start and knocked the scum out the cup. Libor worked very hard and was lively but your starting statement is not true.

Kozak... worked a lot harder than Gestede has all season. The amount of times I saw him battling in our own half to win the ball was brilliant to see. Worked his socks off. That's what we need. When you see your striker working like that. His overall game was a bit sloppy but got into great positions. Should keep his spot.

Bloody hell. Imagine having a striker that actually runs?

Lacks quality on the ball, always has. But his movement and workrate puts Gestede to shame. Should start the next game too.

Agree with this.

He's not very good, but his movement alone was enough to give them pause for thought. He will score goals with that too.

Blew Gestede out the water today in every department. I just wish he was a better footballer.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Blew Gestede out the water today in every department.

For our current crop of players, this is all we need to make him a starter.  This much at least is definitely bleedin' obvious.

He should not be sold until someone better comes in, I honestly don't think we can afford to.  If what Garde has been saying later is true about players not wanting to come, maybe Garde is realising that too.

He's a 'proper striker', and more intelligent. He's limited with things like movement and agility and probably fitness too but he knows how to make the most of his attributes, and when to move which Gestede doesn't. The worrying thing is Gestede isn't that good with his head. Technically or mentally ie not a very smart player. In the mid to low table championship you can just stand in the box, have 25 balls put into you, win 11, of which 5 are flick ons or knock downs, and have an attempt with 6. If one attempt is half decent it's in, or if one knock on is successful you've made an assist for doing sod all.

In the Prem 25 balls knocked up from everywhere to an immobile striker with low strength, 22 will be cleared, and maybe 1-2 knock ons attempted and 1-2 shots, of which you need a great connection because you're immobile and the defender or keeper will be right on you. We have to remember as well Gestede has only scored like 25 goals in his career before last season.

I'd stick with Kozak for the foreseeable and cart out Clark to shamrock rovers on loan.  

34 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

He's a 'proper striker', and more intelligent.

I must be one of his biggest supporters week in / week out to be given a chance at least, but we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves.

He had a decent game tonight, in Gestede standards an excellent game.  I'm not sure he's going to ever be brilliant for us, and we need to strengthen our options in this department.  But for now, he's a cut above the groot and about the best option we have there and should be playing / not sold.

This guy has a great number of wins when playing? Especially when starting?

In his first season. He came for Benteke early on and scored to win at Norwich. Then won against City, Watford and Southampton. He featured in all of our first round wins apart from Arsenal as he wasn't signed yet.

Now he start again and, A win out of nowhere, lol.

Anyway he was good (for what we have).

• Like 1

Â