Libor Kozák

samjp26

We have created think the 2nd least amount of chances in the league and a striker with 4 goals, Its easy to see forward is not the problem

It's because the midfield are crap and tend to go sideways

We have created think the 2nd least amount of chances in the league and a striker with 4 goals, Its easy to see forward is not the problem

I can't find the source, but I'm almost certain I've seen a stat that said we also had one of the lowest, if not THE lowest, conversion rate in the league too. Which would suggest the opposite.

I can't find the source, but I'm almost certain I've seen a stat that said we also had one of the lowest, if not THE lowest, conversion rate in the league too. Which would suggest the opposite.

2nd to Liverpool I think it was.

In which ways though? Kozak is being made out to be some sort of Lewandowki type striker just because we replaced Benteke with an inferior striker. Their strike rates are similar for Villa and reports i saw from reserves is that Kozak is not playing great which is probably why he wasnt picked

another case of Reo-Coker syndrome

• Like 3

from less than a month ago

Libor Kozak looked far from his best, though.

In the first half the Czech Republic striker had a number of efforts on goal but failed to rest goalkeeper Jack Rose.

After the break he looked off the pace and although he didn’t get much service, he showed nothing to suggest he is better than any of Villa’s other senior strikers with the performance he put in.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-scouting-report-adama-10154142

In the first half the Czech Republic striker had a number of efforts on goal but failed to rest goalkeeper Jack Rose.

After the break he looked off the pace and although he didn’t get much service, he showed nothing to suggest he is better than any of Villa’s other senior strikers with the performance he put in.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-scouting-report-adama-10154142

Why was that though because that idiot Sherwood froze him out at start of the season when he was scoring goals in pre-season. Great morale boosting management there Tim

Edited by Demitri_C

Wow he had a bad game in the reserves, that proves a lot. I'm not under the illusion that he is gonna be some messiah and bang in goals but he might and at the very least he deserves a chance to show what he can do.

Edited by Bunnski

In which ways though? Kozak is being made out to be some sort of Lewandowki type striker just because we replaced Benteke with an inferior striker. Their strike rates are similar for Villa and reports i saw from reserves is that Kozak is not playing great which is probably why he wasnt picked

another case of Reo-Coker syndrome

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Kozak is great, he's probably not good enough. But he's still better than Gestede! 

To be completely fair, 'less than a month ago' people were on this site offering to drive Ayew back to France themselves, and now people are convinced playing him alone up top is The Answer.

Form is form, especially for strikers. 

• Like 2

I'm not under any delusion about Kozak. I think he is an alright striker that on his day can cause trouble. Kozak is not some Benteke in the making, but I think he offers a lot more than Gestede. Kozak has very good off the ball movement. His size and his knack of knowing where to be has scored him quite a few goals in his career.

Our current striking options are pretty bare. Gestede is essentially a worse version of Kozak in my opinion, and yet Gestede starts while Kozak is not even given a proper chance. Gestede is a traffic cone. He plants himself up top and barely moves off the ball. His touch is pretty poor at times and his movement is nonexistent. This means that unless Gestede is given a perfect ball, he won't have any effect on a match. Gestede is essentially a tall Bent who we desperately tried to get rid of. I don't care that Gestede and Kozak have similar strike records because circumstances have changed. Gestede has had Grealish, Gil, Amavi, and a few other players feeding him chances. Kozak was playing with the likes of Weimann, Tonev, Luna, Lowton, and even Bowery at one point. We were also much more attacking under Tim than we were under Lambert. 

I just hope Kozak is given a real chance. Gestede makes us far too one dimensional and I don't want him in the team just because he can head in a ball of a corner or set piece. Kozak can do that, but Kozak can also play with the ball on the ground, and open up defenses with his movement. 

• Like 1

Off topic, but I think Adama is living off a youtube video and an exciting performance against a league 2 side.

I think he has a long way to go before he's a regular.

He had a decent cameo against Palace as well. He hasn't had a decent run in the team to be fair - no-one really knows what impact he can have...

Off topic, but I think Adama is living off a youtube video and an exciting performance against a league 2 side.

I think he has a long way to go before he's a regular.

If he hadn't got injured I think he would be at this point. He needs a run of a few games in the team. 

I think Steve is spot on. He seems to try the same move everytime  I have seem him play he also does not seem to pass but instead tries to run through the entire opposition team.

I think he's talented but very very raw.

Edited by dounavilla

He's just incredibly greedy.

If he can learn to play with his teammates then he's very exciting. If he keeps putting his head down and running into blind alleys then he'll go the same way as the other winger we've got who does that.

To be fair to him, hasn't pretty much every sub appearance been with us in a losing position? He's probably been told to force things and make things happen and he's probably put that pressure on himself.

I'd like to see him from the start a few times and see how his game is over 90 minutes and not the last desperate 15 minutes when we're trying to get back in the game.

Â