Libor Kozák

samjp26

I was much more impressed when he had the ball at his feet against county, really good hold up play and positional awareness,albeit with quite low pace. Really unlucky not to score he absolutely chinned the ball at Carroll and he was on the deck for about 25 seconds after making the save. Then again he is pretty old now!

It's a shame he turned down Celtic. It's clear Tim doesn't really fancy him and is looking to free up some cash to get a new striker. If he stays he will be a bencher most of the season and we won't get the  extra forward we need.

Lose lose.

:(

I think that means we're not getting Adebayor or another striker by Tuesday. That scares the shit out of me.

Seriously give him a chance. I have seen Kozak play for Lazio, Czech, and Villa. He can score 15 goals for us easily with our attacking options. When Rosicky and Kozak lined up for the Czech replublic against Italy, those two were wrecking havoc to Chiellini and Bonucci. Grealish is very similar to how Rosicky was when he was younger. I could see Kozak thriving with the likes of Gil, Grealish, and Traore. 

• Like 1

Deserves a go I think.

He shouldn't be missing out on the squad if Gabby and Gestede is starting and Ayew is on the bench tomorrow. All three have been poor for two/three games in a row.

I think that means we're not getting Adebayor or another striker by Tuesday. That scares the shit out of me.

Seriously give him a chance. I have seen Kozak play for Lazio, Czech, and Villa. He can score 15 goals for us easily with our attacking options. When Rosicky and Kozak lined up for the Czech replublic against Italy, those two were wrecking havoc to Chiellini and Bonucci. Grealish is very similar to how Rosicky was when he was younger. I could see Kozak thriving with the likes of Gil, Grealish, and Traore.

To be honest its not just Kozak that worries me. Ayew is not ready yet, gabby is on a downward spiral and I don't think Gestede will be performing at a high level on a consistent basis. I hope Kozak does come good, because if we sign no one else we will certainly need him.

To be honest its not just Kozak that worries me. Ayew is not ready yet, gabby is on a downward spiral and I don't think Gestede will be performing at a high level on a consistent basis. I hope Kozak does come good, because if we sign no one else we will certainly need him.

Gestede will be fine once he is a bit sharper and fitter and Gabby's form will pick up

It's a logical fear cause I feel the same way. I think we are in trouble with our striking options. I think Kozak can prove his worth, but I still realize that he has been out for a year and a half, so he may not be the player he once was. It could take him months to get back to that point and we really don't have that time to give to him. 

It's a shame he turned down Celtic. It's clear Tim doesn't really fancy him and is looking to free up some cash to get a new striker. If he stays he will be a bencher most of the season and we won't get the extra forward we need.

Lose lose.

:(

Hang on in a post just a few above yours the poster said sherwood was asked about him and said he is staying and working on his fitness but then you say sherwoid had no plans for him ??? Bizarre. !!

Kozak is not fast. Hes so so slow and its his biggest downfall. He couldnt even keep up with a lot of defenders in pre-season. He makes pretty dam good runs for a big fella but his pace lets him down.

Happy for him to start. I actually think its really bad he didnt start against Bournemouth. Dont really understand why you wouldnt pick a player who is better than majority of others in pre-season. Thought it would send a "bad message" not starting him. But theres probably more reasons why he never behind the scenes

Edited by gharperr

you say sherwoid had no plans for him ??? Bizarre. !!

I think he does have plans for him - to ship him out!

Despite Sherwood directly saying Libor wasn't going anywhere, they're working hard with him and he wants to see Kozak playing regularly?

I think Sherwood is saying that now because he knows we're not signing anyone else. If he felt that way about Kozak I doubt he'd have signed 2 strikers and tried for a 3rd. Could be wrong though, just what it looks like to me.

I was talking about now. He said it yesterday.

Anyway, I don't think libor is going to be a regular starter this season. But he looks a much better option off the bench than Ayew at this point.

Hopefully he can do a job until Ayew is up to speed.

He's in his plans now because he couldn't move him on to fund another striker. Doesn't necessarily mean he fancies him any more than he did a week ago.

If that is the case then it's very good management. The alternative would be telling him he has no future for the club, making him train with the reserves and destroy any value he has left and then giving him another chance 3 seasons later when we still have a striker issue. Now who in thier right mind would ever do that???

I was talking about now. He said it yesterday.

Anyway, I don't think libor is going to be a regular starter this season. But he looks a much better option off the bench than Ayew at this point.

Hopefully he can do a job until Ayew is up to speed.

Yeah i'd agree with that. And yes I doubt Sherwood is planning to ship him out now.

Â