• El Amadi
    • Westwood
    • Delph
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Okore (for Clark 43)
    • Tonev (for El Ahmedi 81)

Mourinho's comments make us sound like Stoke - they just transport the ball to Benteke up front....  WTF!

Also, he said our style wasn't his style!?!?!? - really?? I'm sure Mourinho relied entirely on Drogba (very similar in size and style to Benteke) in his first spell at Chelsea.

Even with a compliment, the man cannot help but have a dig - I seriously hope his record at Villa Park continues for years to come.

I am convinced, and I really mean this, I am certain that match fixing is going on. It's the only way to possibly make any kind of sense of some officiating.

I no longer know what good refereeing looks like and it just makes watching the team I love very very difficult. To lose is one thing, but to lose to blatantly obvious cheating from a clearly bent ref is just totally unacceptable.

My first post of tonight was that the ref would cost us somehow and I knew without any doubts that he would. He does it all the time to us!

Gutted about tonight,not expecting anything made it even worse. The decisions are shocking and I long for the day that a ref has to cone out and justify them! Would of bitten your hand off if offered 4 points from the first 3 games, we really should now be looking to make it 6.

I am convinced, and I really mean this, I am certain that match fixing is going on. It's the only way to possibly make any kind of sense of some officiating.

I no longer know what good refereeing looks like and it just makes watching the team I love very very difficult. To lose is one thing, but to lose to blatantly obvious cheating from a clearly bent ref is just totally unacceptable.

My first post of tonight was that the ref would cost us somehow and I knew without any doubts that he would. He does it all the time to us!

nonsense. It's not match fixing, just your normal run of the mill 'wealthy club at home' bias.

• Like 1

Extremely pleased with our performance. Ref was shit but that happens to all teams.. Our luck will soon come. Delph MOTM but I think the whole team played great and deserves praise! :)

Can't remember when I was this positive after a defeat. Looking forward to the Liverpool-games sooo much now!

• Like 1

Proud of the lads tonight. Friend had a shocker and not for the first time. 3 points from these 2 games is a great start. Chelsea were given a very tough game and were so lucky to come away with the points. Bring on Liverpool!

Ref once again has some shocking decisions. Went against our team today but that`s how it is. 

Immensely proud of villa today, all those boys went out there and really gave it a go. Great performance, just very good. Was furious a couple of minutes ago but I am getting calm again. Once again, great performance by the team.  Delph was class today, motm. 

nonsense. It's not match fixing, just your normal run of the mill 'wealthy club at home' bias.

It is a bit odd that it's Friend that screws us over again though  :detect:

Proud of this villa team, yes we've conceded early in games this year but the way we played after especially against 2 of the top 4 teams make me feel that this Villa team has the potential to get into the top 8 this year.

Friend would have had to have big balls tonight to send Ivanovic off or give the penalty for handball, especially at Stamford bridge. Im sure every ref is carefull with Chelsea, specially now Jose is back!!!!!

Agree with this.

Ref had a stinker, i truly don't get what he was playing at

Proud of the team, we were excellent tonight. Decisions will always change games and tonight we didn't get them, it sucks balls but then again these are things we know will happen.

There is an excuse for the elbow, namely that from Kevin Friend's angle it doesn't look that blatant. Sometimes a ref's position is crap, this time it was just unlucky for us. The second camera-angle shows what is really going on, when Ivanovic looks at Benteke and then swings his arm at him with full force. It is a clear red card, but from the ref's angle it doesn't look that nasty. Saying that, I see his angle from the camera, he is of course closer to the pitch and he could have seen it clear as day but chickened out. Not arguing the facts of the matter, just maybe a reason for his decision not to send him off. If this is the case, then cudos for not succumbing to pressure from all of our players surrounding him. I hate it when referees act on what happens next instead of what actually happened, even though this time I really wanted him to ;)

The penalty is no excuse. Yes he is under pressure from Gabby, but there is no real push or tugging of shirts, so that arm is in a completely unnatural position. A very clear penalty, and if I gave him the benefit of the doubt over the punch, this time he has a clear view and the camera's really show that. The arm is fully stretched out, it hits him right in it and it stops a situation for us in injury-time. It is clear-cut and it is a penalty. I heard the wildest piece of arguments in the studio after the game, where one was opposed to a penalty because the player didn't handball on purpose and that his arm was there because of the reaction of being held down by Gabby. What? When did a handball need to be done on purpose? Clumsiness is also enough, and what Terry did there was just poor - just like Daniel Agger the other day.

Robbed, easily as that. We created the biggest chances and Benteke's goal was world-class. Touch to the side and lethal finish, very few in the world could do that. We are talking Van Persie, Ronaldo and Messi-class. Suarez and many others would have shot the ball straight into the defender or up to row Z on the one-timer. Pure class.

Lesson learnt though, we need to take advantage of our chances when we get them at Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford and Etihad. These the three top clubs in the country, they don't give you anything for free. Gabby and Weimann, no matter how awesome they were at times today, well one of them should have scored a goal. We know Gabby isn't a goalscorer, but that shot was more passion than feel, he just wanted to score rather than thinking about what he was going to do. If Benteke was Van Persie for a second there, well then Gabby wasn't. Not being critical here, just pointing out the obvious. I always get this sour taste in my mouth when we drop chances away to great teams, it was just the feeling I got when Delph hit the post against Arsenal at 1-1. Strange this is, in that game they got a red-card and in this game they didn't. We all saw the difference, imagine playing these two games and ending up with 6 points. Chelsea were poor today, I think we would have taken them down if Ivanovic was given a sending off.

All in all, a great game and I am not that down anymore. It shows that we are ready for the season and that we have actually no chance of going down to the Championship.

Couldn't slate the performance expect for the first goal, after watching this (http://www.ibtimes.com/video-chelsea-2-1-aston-villa-highlights-ivanovic-header-gives-blues-controversial-victory-1394815Vlaar's hesitation again is questionable if he should start or not; Okore/Baker for me against Liverpool. Otherwise I'm proud of the performance compared to last season's nightmare there.

Midfield three were sensational, pressured every minute Chelsea midfield were given time on the ball, jury is still out for me on KEA though. 

Bring on the red scum of Liverpool, hopefully Kevin Friend isn't the referee :P 

Gutted about the result and refereeing .. Pleased with the performance ..

Really hoping we could push on and beat Liverpool ! They're a real hard side .. And it's in our home where we aren't certain of how good we are there ..

Sylla a starter for me tbh !

Delph is getting better and better ..

Great finishing from Benteke .. Gabby good game .. 

Weimann isn't bad but I would try Tonev instead of him ..

Okore seems great ..

Â